“A classy Castle haven”
other travellers have booked this property
Edinburgh Farmers' Market is on your doorstep Living Room
Newly fitted kitchen
External View of the Building
Queen Victoria on the Roof
Street
View of the fireworks from the apartment.
Csatle Terrace Guest Book
View from the Drawing Room
Winter Sunrise
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

KittycatK...
Manchester
“A classy Castle haven”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I booked this apartment for Valentines weekend to celebrate my husbands birthday, our 6-month wedding anniversary and Valentines day and it was an absolute little haven in the centre of Edinburgh!
Kitty was an absolute joy to rent from and met us on arrival to show us around and give us fantastic hints and tips about lovely places to go and restaurants to visit. The apartment is just gorgeous - in a perfect location for walking around Edinburgh and with an incredible Castle view! The quality of everything inside - the classic decoration, the lovely antique furnture and the tweedy Scottish wool throws were just gorgeous. We were at home straight away (especially with the Laura Ashley touches!). And it was immaculately clean.
The whole rental process was super easy and the communication from Kitty was fantastic. I couldnt recommend this apartment more highly. Just lovely!

11 Mar 2014
I enjoyed reading your review Sarah, thank you for taking the time to write this. Yes, I have to say I think Castle Terrace is really suited to the romantic city break.. nothing like looking out onto Edinburgh Castle all lit up at night... Let's hope you can make another visit for a future anniversary. It was lovely to meet you both. All the best, Kitty
RubyShoes...
Bangor, Northern Ireland
“Luxurious, cosy and perfect for a romantic mini-break”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We stayed in Kitty's glorious apartment in February for my husband's birthday.

Kitty was extremely courteous and helpful at all stages of our booking - both in responding to my (many) queries before our stay, and also on arrival.

I chose an apartment for our stay because I suffer from fibromyalgia and often need to rest during the day and wanted the flexibility of self catering accommodation and the privacy it affords. I can have limited mobility. I booked the apartment in the full knowledge that there were four flights of stairs from street level simply because it ticked every other box and I thought if all else failed my husband could always haul me up like a sack of potatoes!

I would say that if you suffer similar mobility issues you would also need to bear this in mind as it is a factor. In our case even though I was exhausted each day from all the walking we did (there are a lot of hills and steps in Edinburgh!) I set my jaw and was just about able to get up and down the stairs through brute determination. Nothing was going to keep me from that glorious bed and feather and down duvet!

The fact that I was willing to do this, and the fact that I would return to the apartment in a heartbeat, perhaps even to move in for good if Kitty would let me, should be an indication of how much we loved our stay.

The apartment is pretty and welcoming inside. The decor is classic and chic with Scottish touches here and there - my favourite being the cosy Johnstons of Elgin wool rugs dotted around. We have these at home and I love them. Again due to the fibromyalgia one of my main concerns on holiday would be keeping warm and I found the apartment cosy and the bed warm and comfortable. A big plus!

The kitchen is a very well equipped galley style, the bathroom is small but very well fitted out and with a good shower. The bedroom is a decent size and as I've said before, the bed and bedding gets 11 out of 10 in my opinion.

And yes, the view from the lounge really is directly across to Edinburgh Castle. It's on the other side of the street! Amazing! The lounge is where the dining table is situated and as others have mentioned we loved enjoying our breakfast (wearing the beautiful fluffy bathrobes provided I should say) whilst listening to the radio and surveying the ancient walls and and ramparts of Edinburgh's most famous landmark. Bliss.

The location is also very good. Edinburgh's main sights are fairly closely clustered together and if you are able bodied you will have no problems whatsever with walking everywhere. This apartment is on the edge of the oldest part of town and very convenient to the Grassmarket and Royal Mile. A very pleasant walk through Princes Street Gardens takes you to the New Town.

All in all a totally delightful, luxurious and restful stay in our favourite city. Just what we needed and soon to be repeated I hope. Well done Kitty and thank you!

Liked best: The luxury!
Liked least: The stairs.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Feb 2014
What can I say except thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and I feel quite humbled by your kind comments. It is really good to hear your appreciation for all the little extras which are intended to make your stay more comfortable. I look forward to seeing you both again. With best wishes, Kitty
Dorset
Reviewed 25 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
GlasgowWi...
Glasgow
“Perfect location nice and quiet and handy tips”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We booked in here for 2 nights for my birthday trip to Edinburgh. The location is perfect right behind the castle, off the main pub routes so making it quiet and within easy reach of all the tourist attractions. The flat has a lovely sitting room with views of the castle, a bathroom with shower and a bath, a really quiet bedroom and a long galley style kitchen. The advantages of an apartment are numerous getting up when you want and returning as many times as you want, no noise from other people going down to breakfast as you can make your own anytime. There was a great farmers market outside on the Saturday which was good for supplies and a supermarket around the corner. Kitty was there to meet us and gave us some great tips. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Liked best: Quiet location
Liked least: Door at entrance had a technique to opening.
Swansea
Reviewed 13 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
13 Feb 2014
Thank you so much for this lovely review, and I am glad that your mother was able to cope with the stairs - as you say, they are not steep. I am so glad you were comfortable, depsite being on the sofa bed and look forward to welcoming you back to Castle Terrace very soon. With best wishes. Kitty
citydwell...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One word...Amazing!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

My boyfriend & I really enjoyed our stay at Castle Terrace. Kitty gave a warm welcome and provided great information about the flat and the local area and also a folder with instructions & recommendations on places to visit / how to get there from the flat,. The flat is located close to Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Grassmarket, Princes Street and has everything you need for a self catering break. I would definitely recommend Castle Terrace to anyone and have been raving to family & friends that they must stay here when they visit Edinburgh! I can't wait to stay here again :) Thanks so much for a really enjoyable first time visit to Edinburgh!

Pollyanna...
London, United Kingdom
“Really great location, lovely apartement!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Castle Terrace, the location is fantastic, you can walk everywhere directly from the flat, Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Grassmarket, Princes Street etc are all within a few minuted walk. The flat itself is lovely, lovely furnishings and the facilities have been very well thought out, there's everything you need for a self-catering stay including a well fitted out kitchen. Kitty was very welcoming and provided great information about the flat and the local area including recommendations for restaurants etc. I'd highly recommend Castle Terrace to anyone!

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$111
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing