“Wonderful stay!”
Review of Angels Share Hotel

Angels Share Hotel
Ranked #95 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Angels Share Hotel in the Robert Carlyle room and loved it!
The staff were all v friendly and obliging. The bar was v lively serving great cocktails and the food in the restaurant excellent. Would definitely recommend the salmon, mussels & prawn main.
It was in a great location, clean and a great deal with secret escapes.
Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 103 was located on the first floor with no street views but a lovely balcony ~ we found it v qu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah C, Manager at Angels Share Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are very much a ' destination venue' with a hotel, bar, restaurant and live music venue - all under one roof. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspect we offer here and very much hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Very impressed with this hotel, it is modern, bright and the staff were very helpful, especially Jamie on reception although everyone was very nice. The breakfast was very good as was dinner. The location was perfect. It would be hard to fault this hotel and made our visit to Edinburgh very enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the " Robert Carlyle" room which was at the back and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah C, Manager at Angels Share Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I belive that the staff here make the experience just that little bit nicer. Jamie is a star and I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of the team!

I hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My friend and I called in at Angel's Share for a drink on Thursday night. The staff were great and the mojitos were some of the best we have tried ! As we only had drinks I cannot comment on the hotel side of the establishment

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank littlemillie
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A Scottish Celeb themed hotel 20 metres off Princes Street. Great hospitality, tastefully modern rooms with underfloor heating (no cold feet in the bathroom) good food and a lively bar. Book through Secret Escapes... double room, any two courses off the dinner menu, full Scottish breakfast (or continental) 25% off car parking all for £100 for two. You simply can't get better value than that!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for posting your review. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and very much hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stopped for one night with my partner. On first impression and from the website we thought 'great' but after a while realised there were a few things that need improving.
The communal areas were not clean on either day we were there; nothing a quick vacuum couldn't have sorted but surely this should not happen. Our room was fine for one night as it was fairly small but the shower was nothing more than a dribble and I couldn't reach to turn it on around the screen. The fan didn't work, which wasn't a major problem but the bathroom was steamed up for some time. We were going to inform the staff but couldn't find anyone.
There are no plugs anywhere near a mirror and no mirror on the desk which makes getting ready quite tricky along with the fact there were no blinds so we had to have the thick curtains drawn the whole time we were in the room for some privacy. The paintwork in quite a few areas of the room needed tending to-again not a major problem but 'luxury' hotels rectify these things immediately.
This could be a great hotel but all these small things just make it lack any oomph for me as I feel they are basics. The touches like dressing gowns were nice but I feel the substance needs tackling before going out and out for style.
We didn't stop a second night as the price had significantly increased and we felt it just wasn't worth it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on our high standards and I am very dissapointed to hear your comments. We want all of our guests to have the best possible stay. We always urge people to bring any issues to our attention so that we can rectify them immediately. I can assure you that all your comments have been taken on board and actioned.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We went into the angels share hotel on a cold wet windy Friday evening principally to get out of the sleet and driving wind blowing down princes street. What we found was a beautifully presented bar, cheerful well mannered staff, reasonably priced drinks and free nibbles served at 5pm on a Friday for all guests. Also as it was valentines night all of the ladies were presented with a red rose.
Next time we are in Edinburgh we will definitely eat and maybe even stay at the hotel. It is so refreshing to find somewhere that treat tourist's properly not just as a cash cow.

1  Thank kevnmarg
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have had drinks and food at the Angel Share on many occasion and the experience has always been positive. Based on my previous positive experiences I decided to try the Angel Share "Boutique" hotel.

Myself and three other business colleagues stayed at the hotel and unfortunately our collective experience of Angel Share hotel does not mirror the positive experiences that we have had in the bar / restaurant.

I found my hotel room to be very basic; the design and furnishing of the room definitely doesn't warrant the hotels claim that it is a "boutique" hotel.

In my room I had a sash window that didn't close fully; walls that were paper thin ( I could clearly hear the room next doors TV at 3am) and hollow fibre pillows that were very uncomfortable. There was also an odd wire with bare ends coming out of a wall plate near the TV. I complained about the quality of the pillows and asked for some down pillows; reception said they would try to find some but none materalised.

The main problem for me as a corporate traveler was the price point. I paid £140 per night for a reasonably sized room excluding breakfast; given the quality of the hotel this is far too much; in my opinion this hotel needs to be priced at between 90 - 100 before it becomes a consideration for a business traveler.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MattX8658XA

Many thanks for sharing your comments. It is very dissapointing to hear that you did not feel the hotel was up to standard. The rates at the hotel vary each day depending on availability, There are no set rates however we do offer corporate rates to many companies who book with us direct and are always happy to discuss the possibility with clients who request this. All comments are taken very seriously and I can assure that we will look ino the issues you raised.

Thank you once again.