Angels Share Hotel
Old Town Chambers(Edinburgh)
US$280
US$221
Agoda.com
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$641
US$593
Waldorf Astoria
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$130
  • Restaurant
All reviewssean connerybutler roomscottish persontunnocks tea cakefirst floorgreat boutiqueboutique hotelwest endprinces streeteggs benedictbad pointsmini barno air conlovely hotelbirthday weekendironing boardcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I think I may have chosen a bad time to stay BUT

Kept awake till three am due to party in the bar. No air con so boiling; couldn't open window as party was so noisy. Shower head the sort my granny would have.

Brilliant bed topper; comfy comfy, comfy. Cool decor. All ruined with noise and shabby finishes.

I normally stay in tigerlilly so don't think I'm precious about noise ......but this was a new level.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed for 2 night and really liked this hotel! Good food, quiet location. The only thing I would have liked better is if the bed mattress would have been firmer. I could 'sink' in the bed and I don't enjoy it.Overall it is a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotels in a great location right next to everything. It's the funky-cool type of place but sadly our room (room name Alex Ferguson - don't ask) was rather knocked about. Broken tiles, bog roll holder, wonky shelf, smashed toilet basin, cracked tiles and a tiny shower cubicle. In the bedroom there's plenty of room for a proper double so why plonk in a puny little 4 foot six'er?
Most disappointing was the breakfast. Everything was delicious and all that, but it cost a LOT. For breakfast they charge for each and every half filled little cup of coffee, plus porridge, plus cooked breakfast, presumably plus juice etc, which we weren't offered. I was left still needing a coffee (after two of their cups) and quite seriously out of pocket. Cooked brekkie arrived with toast and butter and that's it. I asked for marmalade and was told there was none, but they had jam. I went for that and was brought one, just one little jar. That's a new one on me
The staff were friendly. But for all the above, I would not wish to return.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickDidThat
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night here and I'm very impressed. The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly and the room was fantastic. It was very clean, well decorated in a modern style and the facilities were excellent. The only constructive criticism I could make is that the shower was a bit dribbley and lacked a bit of power which is a pet hate of mine but I really am nit picking about what is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Well done!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and location. Friendly staff. Clean immaculate rooms. Loved the Scottish theme, even down to the Tunnocks Tea Cakes and Highland Spring water in the rooms. Something a wee but different. Loved it. Would not hesitate to return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends