“double tree edinburgh”

GreenLeadersBronze level
sheffield, United Kingdom
“double tree edinburgh”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

first time i've stayed here since it was refurbished; all now looking fine, from reception and bar to rooms and circulation. My room was neat and tidy, a bit dominated by a massive TV. Good view, courteous staff, easy access.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Stephen W
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that your found the team to be professional and courteous.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider us again on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Ronald Little

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location with some rooms having a view of the castle. Its within easy walking distance of the castle and princes street.

The hotel is clean. Our room was a good standard, although a little smaller and darker then the photos led me to believe. The room was quite long but narrow, but absolutely fine for a short 2 night stay.

Staff seemed friendly and the bar downstairs had a nice atmosphere.

If you can get a good deal it's worth stopping here, if not the standard isn't that much better than alternative options, and I would not pay full price. I got a decent deal and actually felt like it was a fair price for the accommodation rather than the "bargain" I first thought I'd found.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the castle
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philpot400
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Philpot400,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Although I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us prior to our rebranding to a DoubleTree by Hilton, I am sorry that you did not find the hotel to offer value for money.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that your overall Edinburgh visit was an enjoyable one.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wasn't sure how good this would be when we booked as less expensive than other 4* hotels in Edinburgh over bank holiday weekend . We were delighted as we drew up in the taxi to see a very modern hotel in the building of an old dept store. Check in was friendly & efficient and our room on the 4th floor was immaculate and very comfortable. Ten minute walk either way to Princes Street or The Royal Mile .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience.

I am happy to read that you felt you made an excellent choice and that all your prior concerns were diminished on arrival.

I appreciated your feedback and hope that you will consider us again on a future visit to Edinburgh.

Dublin
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a good quality hotel with comfortable rooms and is well located just a short walk from Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle. Room décor modern but pretty dark/dimly lit. If you need a base and the rate is good, its a good choice for Edinburgh,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us however would like to apologise that you found the rooms to be lacking in lighting.

Your feedback is appreciated and will be forwarded to the designers to ensure the required lux levels we have in place are to the required standard.

plumas co.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Using Hilton points as a Gold member, my wife and I were very happy with our stay. We were given a beautiful room on the top floor with a great view of the castle. There are a couple of bars on the street below, but we were far enough away as to only here the loudest outbursts on Saturday night. I can't say enough about how helpful and professional the front desk staff were. I had not received my luggage at airport, but George and the beautiful young blue-eyed women(should remember her name)were most helpful. We loved our complimentary breakfasts and also enjoyed the Monboddo Bar. I hotel is perfectly located. Bus from airport drops you off about two blocks from hotel. We would definitely return should the opportunity come our way.

Room Tip: Top floor, street side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you used your Hilton Honors points which is exactly what they are for.

As a valued Hilton Honor Gold member, it is great to read of your experience and I hope to welcome you back again on a future visit to Edinburgh.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our first room was horrible. We couldn't sleep because of the street noise and the room had a nasty smell. First day when we complained to the staff about the noise problem, he (the Italian guy in the reception) said all the rooms were the same. The second day room smell got nastier so we called someone else. That lady was very helpful and she changed our room immediately. And the second room was excellent! No noise problem and smells beautifully :) The room was very clean and comfortable.
The location of the hotel is convenient, about 10 min walk to the OId Town. There is free wifi in the lobby not in the rooms. The seating in the lobby is very limited, just 4 single seats.
The cocktails in the bar were fantastic, I definitely recommend them.

Room Tip: The rooms above the conference hall have double windows that's why they don't have noise pro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience.

I would like to apologise for the street noise experienced which affected your first night with us. I am also sorry to read of the smell highlighted as this is clearly not as pleasant experience for these both.

I am however glad to read that this was resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed here back in March for my birthday with family and cannot knock the hotel itself!

On arrival, very quick efficient check in and when I got in to the room I was pleased with the size, 2 double beds in one room and still very spacious. Only thing lacking was a decent view of the city or caste.

The hotel is a really good base for exploring the city and the staff are really helpful in giving directions, also not far from the train station.

Only thing I would question is the price for food, as it can be a bit of a walk to get a decent breakfast, that's where the hotel have you. On average it cost over £10 for a breakfast, per person and it was only for a breakfast roll and orange squash.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Although I am happy to read that your stay was an enjoyable one, I am sorry to read that you found the breakfast to be expensive. The breakfast price is for the buffet in the restaurant however we also serve breakfast in our bar with individual items for guests who prefer a la carte options.

I am pleased also to confirm that we are implementing an a la carte menu for our restaurant to ensure we continually develop our services to deliver what our guests need.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that your overall city visit was an enjoyable one.