“Excellent, caring customer service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was here as a wedding guest on Saturday 26th July.

During the ceremony, which was on the rooftop balcony, my girlfriend fainted in the heat. The manager on duty was absolutely superb, rushing over to help, and insisting on taking us to a bedroom where my girlfriend could recover. He was very attentive, despite the fact that he would have had his hands full with dealing with the wedding. He returned to check on us and later on, once my girlfriend had recovered enough to return to the bar, he checked with us again to make sure she was OK.

He is a credit to the company and I'd just like to say thanks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stubags
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Stubags,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience.

I am very happy to read that Giovanni the Deputy General Manager dealt with the situation very professionally ensuring that your girlfriend was taken care of promptly to enable her to return to the wedding and enjoy the rest of the evening.

I appreciate your feedback and have thanked Giovanni for his actions and excellent service.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Clean hotel, well positioned for the commercial area and the convention centre, and walkable for Princess Street and a broader range of restaurants and shops.

Bar meals were ok - I took these as I was just too tired to wander off exploring, shame on me!

Breakfast was as good as you'd expect, the staff friendly and well trained. I'll stay there again next time.

Room Tip: Some of the hotel rooms and bar look over to the castle.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Doug C
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Cloudstuff,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay.

I am happy to read that the hotel suited your needs and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at the Point Hotel (since renamed) for New Year’s 2014 and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is conveniently located near the city center and a short walk to the Edinburgh Castle. It’s an easy transfer to the airport with lots of restaurants and shops close by. The hotel is super clean and modern with a very professional staff. The rooms are very well maintained and modern. Our only complaint – and hopefully addressed – was that the hotel is advertised with free Wi-Fi, which it is, but only in the lobby, not in the rooms. Overall, I definitely recommend a stay at this fantastic hotel. We were very happy with our decision to stay here and ring in 2014! LOVE the Scottish people … warm and wonderful!! And, for you Guinness aficionados, you’ll be happy to know you’ll find it on tap at almost every Scottish pub! : )

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SP6873

Dear SP6873,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre.

I am very happy to read that you chose to bring in 2014 in Edinburgh and chose to stay with us.

Your feedback is appreciated and I hope that you will consider Edinburgh and the hotel again for Hogmanay festivities this year.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. The hotel has obviously been refitted recently but it wouldn't be my preferred choice. The decor is quite dark and gloomy. The room I had was on the first floor and facing a road with several pubs which meant I couldn't open the windows for fresh air. The rooms were not as fresh smelling as I expect. Wouldn't rush back, there are better hotels for this money in Edinburgh.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank craigpatt

Dear Craig Patt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I appreciate your feedback and can only hope that once brought to the team's attention that this was remedied before your departure.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent two nights here. I'd say it's a typical Doubletree, which means clean, well taken care of, and reasonable. Excellent staff and the always-delicious welcome chocolate chip cookie. Only drawback is no free wi-fi in rooms; it's free in the lobby only. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Atlanta Doll,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel and team to deliver an exceptional experience however do apologise that we do not currently offer complimentary WiFi to all guests within the rooms.

I appreciate your feedback and glad to read that you would stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very good hotel for the price. My room was spotless and the staff were very friendly. Great location and reccomendations of places to eat within walking distance. I would stay here again and reccomend to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Charlotte J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and the team made your stay a memorable one.

I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for accessing all the sights we required in Edinburgh city centre . Really close to the Grass market area - only a short walk to the start of princes street. Fab breakfast - all the usual favourites, including haggis! Great stay!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TonyRafting
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Tony Rafting,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the hotel's location within the city.

It is also good to read that you had haggis for breakfast along with everything else you would expect.

I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Edinburgh.