“Terrific hotel”

Ranked #48 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Terrific hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my short stay at the Doubletree Edinburgh.

The location is good , not far from Edinburgh castle and a 10 minute walk from the nearest airport bus stop .

Staff were welcoming and were able to help with taxi bookings, finding venues etc.

Room was very clean, quiet , spacious, and well styled.

Hotel facilities were perfect. Fitness centre was well equipped and breakfast was nice.

Only slight negative was the very expensive surcharge in wifi.

I recommend this hotel and will return when I'm next in Edinburgh.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Justin F
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Justin F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience.

I am happy to read that you found the hotel suited your needs however sincerely I am sorry to read that the WiFi cost was the only negative.

I am currently awaiting a change to our system to enable us to offer a complimentary service within our bedrooms however apologise that we do nit have this in place as yet.

I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Ronald Little

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
McDonald, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and all of its amenities. The staff was fantastic and the breakfast in the morning was outstanding. The only drawback was that the wifi was pretty bad. Overall, the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Hunter J
Dear Hunter J,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us however sincerely apologise for the issues experienced with the WiFi.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you enjoyed Edinburgh with your friends and took advantage of the Fringe Festival.

northeast england
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here in july 2014,typical doubletree standard,fantastic modern room and loved the tv at the bottom of the bed.
The retauraunt was nice quality and decently priced.
Nice and clean.
Cocktail bar adjoined next door is very relaxing and spacious
My complaints are as follows:
The hotel has no private parking and is very hard to find if your new to the area as theres many one way roads surrounding the hotel,parking across the road in the city car park is not cheap and cramped.
Room was quite noisy at night,opposite a few pubs
Hotel is sandwiched between sex shops and strippers
Breakfast is nice but expected slightly better
Overall,despite the above gripes i give the hotel 4 stars as it does the basics very well and oozes quality,also you get a free chocolate cookie upon arrival which is a nice touch : )

(the blue blazer pub across the road is a lovely old fashioned pub and has various top quality ales/beers on tap)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willll2006
Dear Willll2006,

I appreciate your time in reviewing the hotel after your stay with us in July.

Although I am delighted that your overall stay with us was an enjoyable one, I am disappointed to read that the location of the hotel and the lack of on site parking marred your stay.

The hotel has an agreement in place with a local Car Park to ensure our guests pay only £7.00 for 24 hours parking. This however does mean our guests have to walk 5 minutes along the street however I appreciate that this does not suit all our guests.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that although the location of the hotel and the lack of on site parking impacted your stay, this did not impact your overall Edinburgh visit.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights in July. It is a conveniently located hotel in central Edinburgh and the staff are very friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was great. The only downside is that the hotel car parking is about 500 m away. Still it is a great hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank William P
Dear William P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel during your Edinburgh visit.

I am happy to read that you found the hotel suited your needs and that the food and service received was of a good standard.

I am sorry however that we do not have our own car park at the hotel but glad to read that this did not mar your visit and that you will consider us again on your next visit to the city.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you enjoyed Scotland overall.

Chester le Street
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Decor very dark and dismal. Quite noisy at 12 am and later about 2 a.m.Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Service at breakfast bit haphazard. Manager didn't seem to do anything much to get dishes cleared promptly, get tea/coffee and staff didn't seem to be designated certain tables although food was very palatable (except potato cakes which were like rubber)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cocoChesterlestreet,

I am sorry to read that your sty was marred due to breakfast service and the potato scones on the buffet.

We feel that breakfast is the last impression at the hotel and obviously failed on this occasion for which I would like to apologise.

I hope that the rest of your stay in Edinburgh was an enjoyable one and that this did not impact your overall city visit.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel scores highly principally because of its brilliant central location in the heart of Edinburgh, but also because of the usual high standards of courtesy, professionalism & helpfulness that set the Hilton Group's staff apart from the rest. Our room was spotless, well-furnished & comfortable and we enjoyed dining in the Brasserie where the food was good and the staff terrific. Our only very minor criticism was that the choices at breakfast were somewhat limited.....but, this apart, I would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alistair G,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Although I am delighted to read that your stay was an enjoyable one, I am disappointed to read that you found the breakfast choice to be limited.

As we continually review our services and offerings I would appreciate your further feedback as to what you would like to see added as we are always more than happy to accommodate all our guests requests.

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Would recommend this hotel was everything we could have wished for and more, we booked early and got a great bargain so was value for money. Everything is the room was clean, towels, bedding, toiletries were all good quality. The staff were friendly and helpful. The warm cookie on arrival was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Jacqueline S
ronald_little, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Jacqueline S,

I am happy to read that you found the hotel met with your needs on your Edinburgh Trip with your friend.

Your feedback is very much appreciated.