Review Highlights
Great start to the weekend - highly recommend!

Johann and Ricardo offer a fantastic service - very knowledgeable, friendly and a historic side of... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
simeonrandell
via mobile
What a way to see the city

Had a stunning time cycling around Edinburgh with Johann and the group! Best experience of our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
AlisonM2944
via mobile

All reviews sea tour bike tour auld reekie tour electric bikes big yin union canal road bike starting point experience edinburgh enjoyable ride challenging enough great guide loch katrine self guided falkirk wheel explore edinburgh pentland hills
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I highly recommend Tartan Bicycle Company. Johann is a person of excellent character.
If you are comfortable on a bicycle, you won't be disappointed, and your experience will be memorable. It is an opportunity to see Edinburgh that is unlike a bus tour or a walk through along the streets. If you are unsure about which ride to take, communicating your questions with Johann via email is easy and comforting.

My 17 year old son and I spent a week in Edinburgh. On our first day we rode Tartan Bike Tour on the Union Canal. I had been worried about the weather, but Johann was great about email communication right up until the night before our ride.Johann was attentive to our interests and concerns. No need to worry, the weather was fantastic. What a great way to stretch out our legs after sitting and travelling so many hours the day before!
The Falkirk Wheel is a must see. The ride was beautiful, diverse scenery and clearly marked with fun excursion opportunities along the way. Johann is friendly and positive and my son found him to be easy to talk to. The bikes were in great condition, included helmets, panniers, a water bottle holder and a bell!
We had such a great ride, we booked another shorter trip for the last day of our stay. Despite a short downpour, it was not a problem- we were prepared with rain gear. Johann rode with us as a guide on the Sky to Sea. And yet another amazing perspective of Edinburgh. It was wonderful to see how much the city has to offer, and get away from the bustle of the Fringe and Festival for a while. My son is an avid rider and I am a much more of a recreational rider, but the pace was perfect for both of us. No doubt next time we are in the area we will make arrangements to ride again with Johann.
Rain gear (just in case), camera, and water bottle are good to take a long, as you might on any bike ride. I recommend Johann as a guide on Sky to Sea.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Thank you so much, Johann, for the beautiful trip around Edinburgh- come rain or shine, and weren't we lucky?
For me this is the only possible way to get a feel for a city and the lay of the land. Especially when the bike is as good as your own at home!
I am looking forward to doing a longer trip up North with you next year! Have a great birthday, best, Anne

1  Thank Anne T
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Amazing bike ride with my wife. We did the Bin Ying tour and Johann did it at our own pace. A very resourcefull man. Make that ride a memorable one. Excellent bikes, helmets, good guide, amazing bike ride. I recommand anytime Tartan Compagny.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Having lost one child to the Edinburgh festival, another one to megabus, Johann arranged for our bikes to be dropped off in Glasgow at arranged time, and then he let us loose to travel to Kenmore where we had the most fantastic spectacular journey through some of the most scenic countryside i have ever seen. Highly recommend sustrans route 7! we had a smattering of scottish rain, scottish sun, lots of good food and coffees en route, a selection of accommodations, and great memories. The bikes were brilliant and the hills easily manageable for us oldies! Johann couldn't do enough for us, even driving us back from Kenmore over more stunning scenery.
Thank you Johann for making our holiday so simple for us.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

really great tour - Johann was an excellent guide - easy going and informative. Recommend the guided tour.