“Quirky little pub” 4 of 5 bubbles

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quirky little pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is an interesting quirky little pub in the South side of Edinburgh. I've only ever visited at weekends and always had a good time. It's the sort of pub that makes you automatically feel in a good mood There's a great selection of interesting rums (not just the usual) and they have a rum menu. However the main reason I pop in here if I'm out in the area is for the mini Bloody Marys (Mini Marys) These are a must have. I'm not sure if they do food or not during the day but they have a selection of rolls and sandwiches until late for if you get peckish.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant atmosphere and surroundings - Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I've been coming to Brass Monkey for years now and visit every time I'm through in the capital. Was first brought here by my friend who lives in the city when he moved there to study and I went to a different university - that was 8 years ago and I keep coming back!
Tucked down Drummond Street it's one of those "worst kept secret" affairs but seems to avoid the touristy types. Always an older, studenty crowd the establishment is famous for its bed area situated in the back.
It's quite small inside but I usually manage to find a seat somehow and though I've never been to one of the film screenings they show during the day in the bed area, I think it would be quite enjoyable.
Service is always friendly and the prices are average - never tried the food as I use the pub as a place for drinks. Never any hassel from patrons either which is a bonus these days.
By far one of my favourite pubs in Edinburgh and a definate favourite overall!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Great Pub Great Host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

A super pub right by the festival theatre. Mine Host Patrick is very hospitable and knowledgable. He has a great range of malts, gins and rums to sample. The rolls and sandwiches looked top notch , and the clientele was a mix of locals and tourists. There is also a tiny cinema where punters vote for their choice of movie from a long list. A well behaved but fun Stag party filled the cinema ! Definitely a great pub,with a great future!

Visited May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great recommendation....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Having been to a show at The Festival Theatre I asked the cloakroom attendent for a pub in the area and was pointed in the direction of The Brass Monkey.... great wee pub with tonnes of atmosphere, great range of music too! We had planned to go on a pub crawl but having arrived here at 5 we were still here at 11!! £3.30 for a Guinness which is pretty good....we ate couple of rolls which were fresh and lovely....great staff too and the barmen very kindly gave us some "mini Marys"....
Great place....promise you will be there longer than you planned to;-)

1 Thank Helsbels101