“Great ride”

Edinburgh Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Half and full day guided bike tours in and around Edinburgh.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Zurich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great ride”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I took the city center and portobello tour and it was great. I would really recommend it for anyone that enjoys bike tours.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

KaJa-adventure, Owner at Edinburgh Bike Tours, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We're very glad we could help you enjoy the birthday celebrations! Thanks for choosing Edinburgh Bike Tours.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome way to visit Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We booked this tour in March and ended up with perfect cycling weather the day of. It also ended up being just me and my husband and the guide, which was great. We did the tour pretty quickly (so said the guide) so we had time to stop near the beach and have tea before we headed back to the rental place. This was a great way to see the city! We did this tour our last day there, and I kind of wished we had done it when we arrived. If you even remotely like bicycling, you must must do this!

Visited March 2014
KaJa-adventure, Owner at Edinburgh Bike Tours, responded to this review, 28 April 2015
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your tour. It was a pleasure to have you along, and THANKS for choosing Edinburgh Bike Tours.
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A Spectacular Orientation of Edinburgh”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked The City Center/Holyrood Park/Portobello tour for a Sunday morning since I was in town for a couple of days on the front end of a business trip. Having never been to Edinburgh, I was looking to gain a good orientation of the city. I was the only person to book, so the company offered to still run the trip if I paid a small single supplement, which I was happy to do. I loved the tour and my guide David was fantastic. Brilliant historian, avid reader, superb guide and all around lovely to be around. The tour route itself is perfect. It starts at the office, away from the city center, in Leith. We cycled through the new city, to the old, down to the Scottish Parliament, over to Holyrood Park by Arthur's Seat, down to the Portobello seaside and then back to the office in Leith. The route was incredibly scenic and offered the perfect combination of street and trail riding. Not once did I ever feel at risk or unsafe. The bikes are in tip top condition and David is a very experienced cyclist. I've done a number of city and country bike tours across Europe and this ranks as one of my favorites. Thanks David and Edinburgh Bike Tours!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Kristin C
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best way to see Edinburgh”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Edinburgh at the end of August and did a tour with Edinburgh Bike Tours. We had a brilliant day and saw so many parts of the city and surrounding areas that we would have never seen on foot. Our tour guide was so lovely, and easy to chat to. She was happy to fill us with information and answer all of our questions. My favourite part was cycling along the old train line (now bicycle paths) and out towards the sea. It was a great combination of city, country, and beach sights on the tour. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone heading to Edinburgh, it was a lovely day!

Visited August 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Active (and better!) alternative to bus tour!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I went on the 3-hour bike tour, which brought us to places that we definitely would not have visited if not for the bike tour. Our guide, Caroline, gave us a warm welcome to the city of Edinburgh and provided insightful information about the city and its history. On top of that, she provided us with detailed suggestions for a day tour to the Western Highlands, and therefore she was top contributor to our long weekend in Edinburgh :-)! The tour took us along the most touristic part of the city, but also off the beaten track, and it allowed for a nice coffee break in Portobello. I usually get very lazy and sleepy if on a bus tour, just because it is passive, and this tour was a perfect alternative. Much more fun and a better experience of the real Edinburg! Suggestion to do this the first day of your visit to the city, as it gives a nice overview of interesting places to visit later. Make sure you book at least a day in advance!

Visited August 2013