“Leith and Inverleith bike tour.”

Edinburgh Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Half and full day guided bike tours in and around Edinburgh.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Malta, Austria
“Leith and Inverleith bike tour.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would like to thank Rusty our guide tour for the wonderful experience. The bike tour was great.Took us around beautiful parks and gave us good history information. We would have not otherwise have gotten to see them. Rusty took very good care of us making sure that we did not go up hill, which was a bonus. Riding a bike after 25 years isn't easy ! Thanks Rusty :)

Visited June 2014
KaJa-adventure, Owner at Edinburgh Bike Tours, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks so much for letting us know you enjoyed the tour.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic way to see Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a fabulous time on the City Centre and Portobello Tour. David was a great guide for our group of girls and it was great to see parts of Edinburgh that you would not normally get to. We were prepared for all weathers, but it turned out to be a glorious day. There's plenty of time to stop, take in the commentary, and take pictures, and there's no pressure to stay on the bike on the hilly parts of the trip. The bikes and equipment are all in great condition, and David ensured that we were all aware of road safety. It was my birthday, and Kathy & David made me feel extra special! Would thoroughly recommend this!

Visited May 2014
Thank you for writing and letting us know you enjoyed the tour.
Zurich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great ride”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I took the city center and portobello tour and it was great. I would really recommend it for anyone that enjoys bike tours.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

KaJa-adventure, Owner at Edinburgh Bike Tours, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We're very glad we could help you enjoy the birthday celebrations! Thanks for choosing Edinburgh Bike Tours.
Tacoma, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome way to visit Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We booked this tour in March and ended up with perfect cycling weather the day of. It also ended up being just me and my husband and the guide, which was great. We did the tour pretty quickly (so said the guide) so we had time to stop near the beach and have tea before we headed back to the rental place. This was a great way to see the city! We did this tour our last day there, and I kind of wished we had done it when we arrived. If you even remotely like bicycling, you must must do this!

Visited March 2014
KaJa-adventure, Owner at Edinburgh Bike Tours, responded to this review, 28 April 2015
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your tour. It was a pleasure to have you along, and THANKS for choosing Edinburgh Bike Tours.
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A Spectacular Orientation of Edinburgh”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked The City Center/Holyrood Park/Portobello tour for a Sunday morning since I was in town for a couple of days on the front end of a business trip. Having never been to Edinburgh, I was looking to gain a good orientation of the city. I was the only person to book, so the company offered to still run the trip if I paid a small single supplement, which I was happy to do. I loved the tour and my guide David was fantastic. Brilliant historian, avid reader, superb guide and all around lovely to be around. The tour route itself is perfect. It starts at the office, away from the city center, in Leith. We cycled through the new city, to the old, down to the Scottish Parliament, over to Holyrood Park by Arthur's Seat, down to the Portobello seaside and then back to the office in Leith. The route was incredibly scenic and offered the perfect combination of street and trail riding. Not once did I ever feel at risk or unsafe. The bikes are in tip top condition and David is a very experienced cyclist. I've done a number of city and country bike tours across Europe and this ranks as one of my favorites. Thanks David and Edinburgh Bike Tours!

Visited March 2014