“Excellent experience”

Small-Group Photography Walking Tour of Edinburgh
Ranked #11 of 213 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hi, we're Will and Chris, Edinburgh locals who are passionate about where we live and love to show you iconic sights, tell you about amazing characters, share fascinating tales and give you the inside stories that only the locals know. We offer tours to suit everyone's needs, whether you are a solo traveler, on holiday with friends or coming with family of any age. Our tours are only for small groups or on a private basis and we offer different specialist tours to give you an experience you will never forget. We offer walking and driving tours where we go beyond the usual stories to give you real insight into the history of our country and those who shaped it in easy to understand terms that is fun for all the family. For those wanting something a bit different we also offer photo tours where we use our background as professional photographers to show you how to get the best out of any camera, whether it's a DSLR, compact or smart phone whilst we see wonderful scenes and learn about the places we photograph. All of our tours are fun, friendly and relaxed. They are not scripted, our routes change depending on the weather and more often that not it's tailored to your needs. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Our family of four had four different camera types and four levels of experience. Will was great with us; we all learned a lot and had a wonderful time. Touring with teens can be difficult at times, but learning some photography skills while exploring a beautiful, historic city was the perfect way to keep everone engaged and enjoying themselves. Would highly recommend.

Willrobb, Owner at Iconic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear pace 121212,

I was very happy to meet you and your family and you you all around Edinburgh whilst also showing some of you how to get the most out of your cameras. You all have an artist inside of you and the photos both of you and the kids were getting were brilliant. You were getting some unique angles and mesmerizing shots and I'm glad the stories kept everyone interested as well.

It was a real pleasure to meet you and I'd love to meet you again any time you make it back to this wonderful city.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Will was careful to tailor our experience in Edinburgh to each member of our little group. From our first contact to arrange our trip, he asked questions to make sure that each of us got the most out of our of time on the tour. Will is a highly skilled professional whose vast experience makes him well suited to help meld the tourist experience with an education in photography. His humor and patience connected him with our whole family - the time went way too fast. Iconic Edinburgh Photo Tours will be the first arrangement we make on our return to Scotland. Thank you Will!

Hey bsmithsfx,

Many thanks for the very kind review. It really was a sincere pleasure for me to meet your small group, I could tell from your initial contact how keen you all were and I was more than happy to provide you with some extra info prior to the tour to help give you a better experience during your trip and when I met you all I was really blown away by how keen you all were and how enthusiastic you all were about the photography techniques and even the stories as we went around the city.

I was very impressed with the photos you all took, you all have a great eye for an artistic shot and I hope you take the techniques on all your travels and you keep loving the results.

I sincerely hope you guys come back again some day.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed Will's tour last night. Very interesting, and Will was very thorough in the history of the areas of Edinburgh. Learnt a lot from his photography tips as well. I would definitely recommend.

Willrobb, Owner at Iconic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Darryl,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review for the tour. It was great to meet both Gill and yourself and I really enjoyed our chat as we went around Edinburgh. I'm really happy you enjoyed the historical info as well as the photo tips. Your photos on the night were excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed the motor sport photos you showed me as well, some great stuff you have there.

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you again some day.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Both my daughter and I are new to digital SLR cameras and we found everything was explained clearly and we learned a lot during the tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Willrobb, Owner at Iconic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear mwd234,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear that both your daughter and yourself managed to learn more about your cameras on the day and that everything was explained clearly to you. I hope you continue to enjoy your photography and get to use your new skills in your travels.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I received a voucher for a solo tour as a Christmas present. As a novice photographer I was somewhat nervous before heading along. I needn't have been. Will was both friendly and approachable.
We started with him gauging what I knew about photography (not much), then running through the various camera settings and techniques. Once this completed we were off!
What followed was an interesting and enjoyable walk around the Old Town, trying my newly-learned techniques. Will clearly knows some of the best spots for spectacular photos and guides you both to the place and to the perfect photo. He's encouraging in his comments and clear with his advice.
The tour isn't just rewarding in a photographic sense, but also in an educational one. That's because the tour includes stories, descriptions and historical facts about the places through which you wander. This becomes especially interesting when one reaches Greyfriars churchyard and explores all the macabre history contained within.
Overall, the tour was great fun, informative and rewarding. I learned how to use my camera better than I have ever previously done and I learned a few things about Edinburgh that I didn't know. Great for tourists and locals. Just make sure you're wearing sensible footwear as quite a lot of ground is covered.

Willrobb, Owner at Iconic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Kilduff,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is much appreciated.

I'm glad to hear that your nerves soon disappeared and you found our afternoon together both enjoyable and educational. My aim is to help people to get to grips with their cameras and photographic techniques whilst seeing the best parts of the city for photography and finding out more about this great place. I'm really glad you feel it's a great tour for both locals and visitors and I hope you keep managing to use all the techniques you learned to keep taking wonderful photos.

Thanks again,