“Birthday Party”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I'd like to thank the team at Ophelia Mar's bistro for hosting my 40th birthday meal. I had contacted Ophelia through her facebook page (unfortunately no web-site yet) to book the table for 12 people.

We mostly all ate something different, and everyone agreed the food was really good, and the atmosphere was friendly, but special. Ophelia was flexible enough to take our booking between the lunch and evening menu times, which suited our needs, having a small child with us. They were also very patient with us, when we took our time with our BYOB wine, after finishing eating.

Many thanks; it's definitely "the place to eat" when you're in Portobello, whether for a meal or for a coffee and cake.

1  Thank Pamela and Keith

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Popped into Ophelia Mar last Sunday and had an excellent cooked breakfast - beautifully presented and everything cooked to perfection. They serve great coffee. The latte is my favourite. Another must try is the Portuguese custard tarts - delicious!

1  Thank Knowlsie2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Deliciously simple and tasty good food with a Portuguese twist. Baked salmon with new potatoes and salad for me, accompanied by a simple but delicous virgin olive oil with garlic. Duck rice with chorizo and strips of bacon for him. All fresh local produce and beautifully cooked in plentiful portions! BYOB an added bonus - as was wonderfully warm hospitality of the family owners Ofelia, Juan and Laura...highly recommended and we'll be back soon!

2  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Popped in here today as I was looking for a full cooked breakfast to keep me going. So glad I did as the food was excellent. Great full breakfast with all the trimmings, freshly cooked and really friendly staff/owner! Definitely on my list to visit again when next in Porty!
Evening and lunch menu looked good too!

2  Thank Ricky P
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This restaurant is somewhat tucked away in Portobello, Edinburgh but it delivers flavour at a much higher level than its modest decoration indicates. I went with a group of friends and between us we had most of what was on offer that night. There was a small but deliciously tasty choice of starters and mains, many of them fish-based reflecting the Portuguese background of the owners.
It is a real gem of a restaurant, the food is delicious, the service easy and quick and it all created a splendid evening out.

2  Thank ozbeeuk