“Fabulously camp!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fabulously camp!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

One of our favourite places to pop in for tea. SO much choice with home made scones and jams! Delightful owners and we always have a great time here.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
edinburgh
“Edinburgh tea stop of choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Anteaques is a a cosy, traditional tea shop on Clerk Street in the southside of Edinburgh, and it's a real find. I didn't know of it's existence until fairly recently, and having moved to this area of town I thought it was worth checking out. It's lovely! You're spoiled for choice with the teas, they have a selection of green tea, black tea and infusions and are really happy to help if you're feeling indecisive. I had the almond black tea which was lovely; slightly sweet without being overpowering. It isn't a big place but the tables are far enough apart that you can have a private conversation and the baking is top grade. What really ensured I would go back were the people that worked in there, who seem to enjoy there job and also to really like people. A few friends of the person who I assume is the owner came in and out during our visit and it gave the place a really nice atmosphere, as you could tell it was well loved. Can't think of anywhere better to go for tea in Edinburgh. To top it all off we had two large pots of tea, a scone and a tarte for about £10 which is pretty cheap in this city.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ninjapenguin_12
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Unique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Visited here with my son and daughter in law. My daughter in law loves her teas and often calls. We sat down to cake and tea amongst an assortment of antiques! Delicious and served by two very pleasant gentlemen. So we had tea and cake, bought tea to take away from the vast assortment. (Love the Redcurrant Green Tea) and bought items on display.

A truly unique and pleasant experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Madhatter001
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wee gem! A Treasure to find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Unaware what to expect I took my dad for his birthday afternoon tea.
Hearing amazing reviews from 5 friends, I decided to go.

this place is amazing! I never realised it was so quirky and delicate inside! A selection of fantastic yet unique eats to accompany the 65 teas was perfect- we ordered the green tea brioche and the Dundee cake. Both were delish and accompanied out pear and caramel tea and souchong (can't remember the name!) tea wonderfully.
All around you are vintage pieces of clothing or ornaments or tea sets. The two waiters are really gentle and friendly and I will be back soon!

With 4 small tables I advise to book! A complete wee gem amongst the other cafes in Edinburgh. Totally unique concept. Love it

1 Thank Rowbubble
Montreal, Canada
“Delightful little place for tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This little place was recommended to us by the woman who we were staying with in Edinburgh. It's a bit out of the way (although that's probably b/c we were at the opposite end of town), but totally worth a visit. There was only one person working while we were there, so the service was a tad slow, but everything was SO delicious. The variety of teas was fantastic, and the spreads, the cakes, tarts - everything was amazing.

• Visited August 2013