“Looks can be decieving”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Finally plucked up the courage to visit Woodland Creatures and was a bit ashamed of myself for taking so long to do so. The exterior is really off putting, grey and dark and a wee bit intimidating. I needn't have worried, food was great, service fantastic and quite good value for money. will definitely go back. Burgers were very very good, we had one vegan and one beef, both excellent, the table opposite us had 2 sharing platters which looked really good too. As another review has stated it is a very unpretentious place to visit, very genuine. I liked it.

1  Thank Richard E

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've visited Woodland Creatures on numerous occasions since it opened in 2013, I find that the staff are always friendly, the drinks always expertly poured and presented and the Sunday Roasts are amazing value for money and just like you'd get at home(assuming your home does delicious Sunday Roasts). If the sun is out why not sit outside and watch the wonders of Leith pass you by.

In the evening expect a mixed crowd of locals out to have a good time, catching up with friends with lots of converstion and laughter filling the air. The tunes are top notch, these dudes are proffesionals when it comes to providing the correct music to accompany your experience.

Don't believe me? Go and check it out for yourself. Enjoy, and you're welcome.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

A funky little gem on Leith Walk. It's a little less pretentious than some of the other bars down the walk. The only let down is the loud music, you hear yourself think! The beer is a little pricey but extensive. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Shanika G
woodlandsleith, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Creatures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thanks, Shanika! Glad you like our vibe and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My boyfriend and I visited here last night after we were recommended this place by our B&B owner. We were told the burgers are amazing and we weren't disappointed! A lovely little quirky pub, we were a bit dubious as it is a quite dark from the outside and also when u first go in, but the bar staff were friendly as soon as we walked through the door. We asked about ordering food and were told to grab a table and they would come over, we were also asked if we'd like to start a tab, which was nice. Drinks were brought to our table, along with menus and the lad serving us even mentioned the specials like the tortilla pizza that aren't on the menu. We ordered starters and mains and our food was brought out relatively quick and didn't disappoint (the burgers really are that good) Can't understand why people think this place lacks in atmosphere, they play chilled out music, that isn't too loud and u can actually talk without having to shout at each other, they also offer free wifi in case u need it. This is our first trip to Edinburgh and apart from the experience with the bus driver (who apparently don't carry cash but will quite happily take a tenner for a £1.50 fare?!) can definately say this is a great place for eating, drinking and chilling out away from the busier main stretch, will deffo be going back as I didn't get a chance to sample dessert as I was too full!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We're glad you stopped by for food and to chill out with us (we are quite proud of our burgers and we're glad you liked them too) and we hope to see you next time you're in town.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Woodland for me is one of Edinburghs newest and freshest pubs the barmen and women are outstandingly friendly and helpful.
The food is wonderful I often have a burger and I could live of it. Then the secret back garden that was very fun but you have to see it yourself. Highly recommend this pub please visit. Chris t

1  Thank 1984chicago

We're glad you enjoyed our place and our food! Thanks for taking the time to review and we hope to see you again soon.