“Extreme Paranormal Underground Ghost Tour! Triple Death!”

City of Edinburgh Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Edinburgh Old Town History and Underground Vaults...
Ranked #80 of 225 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily ghost walking tours of Edinburgh's Old Town led by a period costumed guide. Lively, outgoing and historically factual. Visit the Royal Mile, haunted Greyfriars graveyard and Edinburgh's famous underground vaults. Year round tours departing every afternoon and evening. Generous discounts for group bookings. Private tours also available. Tours available in English and Spanish.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Excellent tour. I did a mercat tour the night before and these are completely different. This tour includes grey friars graveyard, a haunted tavern... A real tavern that closed only 9 years ago and it's connected to 2 vaults. It really adds to the atmosphere. This is not for the faint hearted. You are in the complete darkness for a while. One girl had to leave as she encountered a ghost. One guy went into the vault alone and captured an orb on his camera. I was a bit sad because I didn't feel anything, but looking at my photos I too found a orb from a picture taken in the haunted tavern. Definitely look into it. All the tours are different and exciting for a fun night out.

All reviews
"entertaining tour"
in 4 reviews
"south bridge"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

My fiance is a huge ghost show fanatic. So when we traveled to Edinburgh for 5 days I knew she wanted to go on a ghost tour. We picked the 10:15 tour since it had the most and we wanted to go at night instead of the day. Our tour guide was the younger guy with the top hat. He was excellent! The walking wasn't that bad, and the guide kept us entertained the whole time. Overall we left entertained and frightened.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had a spare hour one afternoon so decided to go on one of the "Early Ghost Tours" at 15.15. This was a mistake. We were taken around the city on foot, stopping every 5 min or so for a 3-5 min story. This made the experience feel rather bitty, and meant that for the hour, we were only really getting a 30 min tour. It felt a bit like were were being herded rather than guided. For the last 20 min, we were taken into some of the underground caverns. This part was quite amusing, and was the better part of the experience. I suppose a little spooky, and interesting to go to a bit of the city we wouldn't have otherwise. Unfortunately, overall the experience was not worth the £7 we paid each. At the start, we were told by the guide that the hour would be filled with lots of stories and history about the city. Disappointingly, you could read more about the history of Edinburgh on a smart phone with internet access in two minutes. I appreciate that we did not pay for a history tour, but with the likes of Deacon William Brodie, and Burke and Hare, there is plenty of opportunity for facts and farce. The only real redeeming feature was that our tour guide was nice, friendly, and pretty engaging. Overall, too much walking and not enough talking.

1  Thank Hert3284
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I and our 13 year old son went on one of the ghost tours with Lady Primrose. She was a fantastic tour guide and told some really interesting stories and led us to some of Edinburgh's most haunted places. We went to Greyfriars Graveyard, The Old Tavern and 2 underground Vaults. My son was thoroughly entertained by the theatrical Lady Primrose and we can't praise her highly enough. She is extremely professional and very accommodating. We would recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in a bit of spooky Edinburgh history.

Remember to wear appropriate walking shoes as you will be walking along cobblestones, through a graveyard, up and down steps etc.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 January 2014

HI guys i definitely recommend you to try that! I was sceptical in the beginning but it turned to be a great experience for me and my girlfriend.Such a great tour walking around graveyards..learning some creepy stories of the past dark side of Edinburgh ... and it was awesome to find out about all that tortures and murders happened hundreds of years ago in buildings and streets we are every day passing around.My best moments were at the graveyard and in the underground vault.I will show you guys sum photo of it.....judge for yourself!!! :-O