“A little gem!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I'm sitting in this lovely tea room right now and felt I just had to review it and give it it's 5 stars it deserves. A beautiful little gem that I'm glad I have now discovered.

I had the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich Which came with a little salad and crisps- delicious BUT I then decided to be naughty and try the irresistible looking Victoria Sponge cake and my god it was the best I've ever tasted (and I've tasted a lot) it was moist, not too sweet and just so light and just YUM!

The atmosphere was relaxed and service friendly. It's not the cheapest place but I'm happy to pay for something that's going to make me feel welcome and completely satisfied , infact overly satisfied !

I shall be back! So happy I've found this place! I'm bringing friends next time...

1  Thank Gareth113

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Exquisite, "creations" a work of art ~ had the best ever afternoon tea at Bon. EVERTHING was absolutely first class. Our first visit and CERTAINLY won't be our last!!! So warm and welcoming, perfect presentation, all food tastes as good as it looks ~ you could not get fresher or better! Can highly recommend ~ you truly wouldn't be disappointed. Many thanks for such a wonderful visit. See you Soon

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Despite the fact we didn't book our afternoon tea, the staff were lovely and the selection of goodies was amazing. Freshly made sandwiches, and all of the petit fours and cakes were handmade and beautifully presented. We also loved the pretty crockery. With so many cakes we had to take home a doggy bag, it was brilliant value at only £18 for 2 people. I am already planning my next visit!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

A really nice place to stop for a pot of tea and a scone. Their scones and jam are amazing. Unfortunately it seems to generally be pretty quiet but do not be fooled - this is not a reflection on the quality of the cakes/scones which are delicious. Staff are friendly and welcoming and the knitted tea cosies are a really nice touch

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just had another exceptional afternoon tea at Bon. Cake stands groaning with a lovely selection of freshly made and delicious sandwiches, a scone of your choice served with homemade jam and clotted cream, choice of a cake from several mouthwatering options and countless dainty bites (homemade along with everything else) which are little works of art and include such delights as fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate served in a handmade white chocolate basket, choux swans, macaroons and cheesecake to name but a few. The delightful owner Lynn (who also happens to make everything herself!) can't do enough to ensure your visit is enjoyable and her staff are equally attentive. Bon is an immaculate and beautiful tearoom which I can't praise highly enough. Plans are under way to offer a champagne afternoon tea....just when I thought it couldn't get any better!!

Been to Bon Tea Room? Share your experiences!