“A little gem”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I visited this tea room in St. Johns Road Corstorphine and thouroughly enjoyed the food we ordered.I had smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, my husband had cheese and ham.Both were well presented with side salad and potatoe crisps.They also have a good selection of home made cakes,scones,cup cakes and hand made chocolates.We shall certainly be going there again.Its also quite near the zoo

1  Thank NAJE

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Small cafe, with sandwiches, toasties, soup and homemade cakes. Lovely drinks options too from teas and coffees to rose lemonade. Very friendly. Good value.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was taken to Bon Tea Room in Corstorphine as a birthday surprise by friends. I'd never heard of it before or noticed it tucked away at the west end of St John's Road, but I'll be recommending it to anyone and everyone now!

Firstly, and most importantly for me, the service from Lin was exceptional. She went out of her way to make everything perfect and her each of her customers feel right at home. And there were plenty of customers, even in the evening. We were still tucking into some delicious cakes come 6pm, but at no point were we rushed. In fact, she insisted we stayed as long as we wanted.

The food was outstanding. I've been for plenty of afternoon tea's in and around Edinburgh over the years but this really stood out for me. Everything on the cake stand was put together beautifully and was of really high quality. Plus, it was different to the usual tray bakes and wee nic-nacs. There were beautifully crafted and intricately decorated tiny chocolates, cheesecakes and battenburg cakes. Choux pastry in the shape of little swans. A delicate basket of strawberries woven out of dark chocolate. It was so professional looking and very moreish!

It's the personal touch that makes this place so good. I'm hoping for an excuse to go back soon!

4  Thank Claire D
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I live and work in Corstorphine and as you will know there are LOADS of places to go to grab something to eat. However, once you have been to Bon Tea Room you will never go anywhere else, Lin's soups, either carrot and coriander, leek and potato, tomato or lentil will be the best you have ever had in your life! Her coffee should be putting starbucks and costa out of business. You can sit in or take away (I usually take away) and even her toasties and sandwiches are amazing! All her baking is freshly made that day, which is 100% true as at the end of the night if there is anything left over she will give it to you... (I've almost had a whole cake!)

1  Thank LGHBecca
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I'm sitting in this lovely tea room right now and felt I just had to review it and give it it's 5 stars it deserves. A beautiful little gem that I'm glad I have now discovered.

I had the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich Which came with a little salad and crisps- delicious BUT I then decided to be naughty and try the irresistible looking Victoria Sponge cake and my god it was the best I've ever tasted (and I've tasted a lot) it was moist, not too sweet and just so light and just YUM!

The atmosphere was relaxed and service friendly. It's not the cheapest place but I'm happy to pay for something that's going to make me feel welcome and completely satisfied , infact overly satisfied !

I shall be back! So happy I've found this place! I'm bringing friends next time...

1  Thank Gareth113