“Yummy wraps”

Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
“Yummy wraps”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This cute little cafe has become one of our regular spots, it is always busy at lunchtime to grab one of the amazing slow cooked meat wraps. The meat is so succulent and tender, it is mouth watering amazing.

As a treat, we pop in for a coffee and either a yummy cupcake or a freshly baked scone in the mornings. The staff are really friendly, though they now know my order which shows how much I frequent the place.

• Visited August 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Ok for a take away sandwich”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We had reasonably high expectations of Copper Bird after reading a review in the List. Unfortunately it was nothing special. The sandwiches were unspectacular - the wrap was filled with rice, which apart from giving the illusion of having a plentiful filling didn't really add much in taste or texture. The chutney on the cheese sandwich was not very good - no real evidence of onion in it and not very tasty. Given that Copper Bird's selection is limited to soup and sandwiches they need to do better with this. We did not try the cupcakes, however, which are apparently very good so maybe we missed out there. The atmosphere in the place is a bit bare and cold, although the decoration is quite nice - however it is like sitting on the corner of takeaway sandwich shop rather than a cafe that you would want to go in for a nice lunch or a relaxing coffee. This wasn't helped by the fact that we almost froze as the door had to be left open all the time! The staff were efficient but looked a little bit stressed and not particularly welcoming.

• Visited June 2013
Edel P, Owner at Copper Bird Cafe, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking time to review my cafe. I take all constructive criticism on board and firstly I would like to apologise if you felt unwelcome, I pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming cafe to all customers.

Secondly, the customer always comes first and we would have happily closed the door if we had been made aware that you or any other customers were feeling cold in the cafe.

Thirdly, I'm sorry you did not get enough meat in your wrap, I have since re-trained staff on the correct proportions of rice, meat and sides in each and every wrap that we make. The chutney we use is a tomato based chutney rather than an onion chutney which explains the lack of onion, apologies this wasn't to your taste and I am considering adding an onion variety also.

My cupcakes are very yummy and I've received excellent feedback from lots of customers so I do hope you visit again to try one. Thank you again for all your points, it is extremely important to me to iron out any issues experienced by our customers.

Many Thanks, Edel