“Poor re heated food”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I don't get how people can not recognize a re heated microwave meal from a fresh one, because this is what you get in this restaurant, where the owner seems to be more interested to check his phone while waiting your food to be burnt and dried in the microwave.....I know north african food, I have plenty of moroccan friends and my family is tunisian, but believe me, other than having the proper food written in the menu, you won't have anything else. The smoothie though was very good (made fresh from the waitress). The restaurant itself is nice, good feeling, very cozy, but other than that I'm afraid........RUN AWAY! It's a pity because in Glasgow we don't have any moroccan restaurant and this one seems to be the only one in Edinburgh....or at least the best scored in tripadvisor..........but really really NO WAY we are going back. We visited the restaurant on a sunday lunch time, we were the only table (at 1pm), then another couple of tables arrived....

1  Thank Elena s

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent a relaxed couple of hours here with a friend, sharing a bottle of wine (byo no corkage) and some very tasty food. We didn't fancy anything on the mains menu which is fairly limited in vegetarian options, so we got two starters each and shared them, tapas style. We both loved the spinach and ricotta in filo pastry, it was delicious. The home made humous and falafel were also excellent, as was the aubergine dip (I forget the name). The starters menu is more inspiring than the main course menu so I'd recommend doing the same, we were worried that it wouldn't be enough but we both felt very satisfied, and only spent £10 each. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, as is the service. Personally I find going to this sort of place a far more enjoyable experience than going to the more upmarket and overpriced restaurants down the road on the Shore. And I have just returned from holiday in Morocco so it was a nice way to reminisce. I look forward to returning.

7  Thank ruth l
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely little place. Reasonably priced. I wouldn't recommend the zaalouk but the casablanca salad was excellent. We had a slight problem with the byob and I didn't get everything I ordered but I would go again.

6  Thank LimList
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This restaurant was very close to the B & B we were staying at so we gave it a try. It was a week day so not busy at all and the owner?/waiter was very helpful and made good. Suggestions for ordering. The food was all very tasty. The chicken bastilla starter was very generous and nicely done. We had 2 different chicken tagines that were excellent and well priced. We didn't have dessert as we were both full. They don't have alcohol for sale but you may bring your own with no corkage fee. We would certainly come back.

8  Thank HRHCaoimhe
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I've been looking for such a distinguished cosine in Edinburgh for long time. It was just 10 min walk from St James shopping center.

8  Thank abdulmajeed a