“The Best Breakfast Ever!”
Review of Le Cafe Bleu

Le Cafe Bleu
Ranked #4 of 35 Bakeries in Edinburgh
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Town
England
“The Best Breakfast Ever!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited Edinburgh for the weekend and had been recommended this place before we arrived. We finally found it's location and visited on Saturday morning. As was promised, the owner was indeed very friendly and helpful. We'd also been told that the French Toast was amazing, it certainly was! We weren't let down in any way. It's not a very big place, but if you strike it lucky, you'll get a seat.

2 Thank elaine209tiger

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Quirky gem, outstanding food, friendly welcome”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

First visit today and we were greeted like old friends. Small, quirky cafe which is a one man show so not the place if you are in a desperate rush but, wow, the food is awesome. The goats cheese and fig quiche was just perfect and there is a huge range of pastries, cakes and tarts. Definately a place to try if you like your puddings. Apparently the homemade falafels are off the chart too. Despite the awesome food, what really made it special was the banter. The owner is a real character and made a grey, rainy afternoon feel cosy and homely. We will most certainly be back :)

Rosmalen, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm welcome & soup”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Came into the city looking for a place to have a quick bite - instead found myself with a bowl of super warming soup of the day and a chat that nearly made me miss my next appointment! What a delightful discovery this place is! Very homey, and the pastries are home made, yummm. It's easy to dash past this place, but I recommend you slow down and take a seat

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A brilliant find”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It's such a sweet little cafe, and the owner is such a nice man-- I felt really comfortable and relaxed the whole time, the service was perfect, the cakes were delightful, and really I was very glad I found the place! The atmosphere was very chilled out, nice music, decor, seating-- I have nothing but nice things to say. <333

“Break time”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Big welcome on entry!! Ambient got me looking all over the caf. Will be trying out those tasty looking cakes when I return.