“This is a hidden gem!”
Review of The clock cafe

The clock cafe
Ranked #1,299 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Like a Tardus this place is much bigger than it appears with a good sized dining room down stairs.
The modest name "Clock Cafe" and modest appearance from the outside belies the good old decent food and service that I have now enjoyed here on two occasions. The second time I went here I took my 7 yr old. The waitress was very friendly and the food was delicious. My Chicken caesar salad had a well made dressing which you rarely get these days. They are licensed too.
It's not michelin star by a long way but my meals have both been very good. I had my first ever cafe mocha here too and that was v.v.v. nice.

2  Thank John B
There are newer reviews for The clock cafe

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I thought this was a lovely cafe with excellent food. I found out about it by coming on here because I was not overly familiar with the area and wanted to know where I could quickly get something to eat on my way to my matches.

I had a bacon and egg roll with a portion of chips. At first, when I read the menu, I thought these rolls wouldn't be served after three as they were in the breakfast section but they kindly served me it, along with the chips. The food was piping hot, just the way I like it.

The staff were also very friendly. I spoke to one of the women who worked there the first time I went and told her that, if I was in the area again, I would be back. She said it would be good to see me. As she had made me feel so welcome, I kept my promise as I was back a few weeks later. Being a creature of habit, I had the same meal and it was every bit as delicious. I will definitely go back again.

The cafe was also very clean, including the toilet.

The website I have included below is not a web site for the restaurant but it does have the menu. As you will see, the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is a good option for breakfast, although the menu options are all fairly standard. It's not a place to come if you're after homemade granola! Cute place with friendly (if not overly attentive) staff. Great value for money.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Always had great quick pannino, chips and salad for lunch in the Morningside branch of this cafe. Manager lovely guy and very clean cafe.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

A great find....perfect place to sit..read..chat..work..on Dalry Road. The staff are v friendly..helpful..eager to please whether sit-in or takeaway. Great choice of menu..snacks or meals...and delicious home baking..mmmm. A defo place to pop into!!