“The best hot chocolate”
Review of Mary's Milk Bar

Mary's Milk Bar
Ranked #1 of 67 Dessert in Edinburgh
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Mary's Milk Bar provides a cosy wee space to enjoy all things gelato and chocolate, Everything is made by Mary in her little laboratory in the back of the shop. There's real ice cream milkshakes, traditional floats and sundaes and handmade artisan chocolate gifts. The 1930s interior looks out at the majestic Edinburgh Castle.
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This is hands down the best place to go for a hot chocolate in Edinburgh. The ice cream is equally amazing and I thoroughly suggest trying the hot chocolate float. Mary herself is really lovely and great for a chat. She makes all the chocolates and ice cream herself and has created a business she should be proud of.

4  Thank Bkk_Aus

Reviewed 28 December 2013

A cosy and atmospheric hideaway! The ice cream was delicious - I was particularly impressed by the range of dairy free sorbets which were like no sorbet I've had before surprisingly creamy. I was prompted to write the review as we've just tucked into some salted caramel truffles which we've had as a Christmas treat so delicious and different from high street chocolate. I'll be back next year when I come to Edinburgh again! Keep up the amazing work!

2  Thank Richard N
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My friend was visiting from Aberdeen and had heard great things. I myself live just a minute or two away and so was excited to visit too to find a new home. The staff made us to over to the counter even though no one else was there the entire time. My tea and cake was massively over priced, and served in a mug rather than a teapot. Better places to go - lots of better places to go - not sure what Mary's milk bar has to offer other than overpriced hot water and lazy staff. No bathroom either. I'd recommend love crumbs, elephant house, or any number of cafés in and around George IV instead. They knock the socks off this place.

13  Thank 397LeeW
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend huddled into Marys Milk Bar to escape the rain one cold December night. There were no seats left so she made us a space on her bar for our hot chocolates (which were awesome). Great atmosphere. A must try :)

3  Thank MSTRDNKN
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I visited here on the other Trip Advisor recommendations and was not disappointed.

There was an excellent choice of ice creams of offer in this lovely cafe and I went for both salted caramel and dark chocolate, which were absolutely delicious.

You should 100% visit here and support this business.

5  Thank madmazCheshire