“Great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Bangkok Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Authentic Thai street food served daily (closed Mondays in winter) from noon till 10pm in our quirky little cocktail bar. Enjoy quick, fresh, tasty dishes, "immense" cocktails, beers and some great music in this slightly brash "Thai fast food" environment. Drop in and chill out. Also a great place to enjoy a pre or post dinner drink if dining in the adjoining Port of Siam, Newtown restaurant.
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to the Bangkok bar quite few times with my friends for cocktails and some food to eat. Never been disappointed in the quality of service and the friendly atmosphere and good music.

I've never really been a cocktail person before, but when I've tried some of the cocktails served with a Thai twist to them I knew it won't be the last time! Jonathan is very helpful if you don't know what to try first, he's always open to suggesting some nice cocktail, that will be up your taste. Tom Yum Siam is so far my favourite!

Food is just as amazing as cocktails. Tried few different dishes and again, food is delicious, fresh and mouth watering!

Can't wait to be back and try something new with my friends. Definitely my favourite place now!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“You have to try the Tom Yum Siam cocktail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The wife and some friends popped in for a drink and stayed for hours. The service was excellent and very welcoming. You have to try the Tom Yum Siam cocktail extra spicy - it was magic and has become my favourite cocktail. The food was top quality and authentic. Will be back!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic staff, food, music, ambiance, drinks... the works!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Bangkok Bar is becoming a regular taunt for me and my colleagues at the New Town. If we're looking for a fun but relaxed night off work, we know Bangkok Bar won't disappoint.

The staff are very friendly and attentive, with great knowledge of the food and drinks menus. You'll be sure to find Jonathan showing off his cocktail expertise, and he never seems to disappoint in suggesting a new one to try. The food is also mouth-wateringly good! If you're looking for a snack I'd suggest trying the Bangkok Bar Chips (someone on here reviewed them as poor when they are anything but!!). Mr and Mrs P also make a mean Green Curry that is so tasty that I found myself ordering it over and over!

On top of that you'll be listening to great chilled out music, and the staff are happy to take requests for songs if something pops into your head. The service is topped off by Richard (the owner) who delivers brilliant customer service and will check whether your meal and/or drinks are just how you wanted them. You can see how successful it is becoming by the amount of people who visit it on a regular basis, because the bar provides not only great food but great customer service too!

You are sure to have a great meal and evening out!
See you again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food and fun bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very good and delicious food, friendly staff and a fun atmosphere. Had fun for a drink at the bar with the locals after enjoying our meal. The curry's were excellent!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“looking forward to another visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

My friend and I had a mid-week dinner here and really enjoyed the experience. I liked the fact that we were greeted warmly by the owner (I assume) at the door - and the good service continued throughout the meal. The prawn tempura was fabulous, the Thai winter salad was also delicious - quite tangy and spicy. I then had a lovely creamy chicken curry and my friend had delicious crispy pork belly. The portions were generous and we didn't really feel we deserved more but greed spurred us on and the desserts were equally good - the Thai brulee and the mango sorbet, I look forward to trying the rest of the menu!