“Different and enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Different and enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Chocolate Tour of Edinburgh is a quirky and enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours. The tour guide was friendly and gave some interesting information on the history of chocolate and its production today. The venues were different enough to make the event interesting. Most of the venues gave discount on anything you purchased.

My favourite venue was the sweetie shop, Lickety Split. It had many of the sweets from my childhood.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sheenagh A

Croydon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Sweet Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was a lovely way to spend an afternoon, visiting some unique shops and sampling yummy treats. Our guide Maria was fun and very informative and made us all welcome. The tour took us to parts of the city that we had not yet explored and we learnt many interesting facts along the way. All the shops en route were welcoming but the standouts were the very entertaining fudge making demonstration and Lickety Splits owner who had lots of great sweet stories for us.

Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I bought this as a present for a friend and luckily she decided to take me along, we were guided by Maria who was sooooo lovely. She was so knowledgable not only about the chocolate and it's history but about the city itself. Obviously the sampling of the chocolate and sweets were my favourite but my fav store had to be Lickety Splits she was so interesting with loads of random facts. Would recommend this to anyone.

Livingston, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Chocolate, chocolate and MORE chococlate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

What a lovely afternoon I spent with my 15-year-old son on the Edinburgh Chocolate Tour. We tasted some divine chocolates and a very special raspberry and chocolate brownie. Six venues covered in a couple of hours and by the end we were totally chocolated out! The owner of Lickety Splits was particularly informative and shared some great stories about the history of confectionery in Scotland - I was horrified to learn that Cremola Foam had cannabis in it up until the early 70s! Yikes! Maria, our guide, was charming and informative.

Dundee, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife surprised me with this tour as part of my 30th birthday. It was a great way to explore Edinburgh and our tour guide Jenny was very good, well informed and had lots of chocolate facts to share. We enjoyed all the different samples of chocolate - a huge variety of different types. The Fudge Kitchen was a particular favourite - yummy fudge and the staff were great.
We got this deal on itison and it was definitely worth it!