“Chocolate High in Edinburgh”

The Chocolate Tour of Edinburgh
Ranked #18 of 36 Food & Drink in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Wonderful sunshine tour on May 9th with many chocolate tasting stops, our lovely tour guide Maria was excellent giving us all the facts about all our choccie destinations....highlights for me were Hotel Chocolat and Lickity Splits...only downside was the rude chap in the Fudge Kitchen asking "so is no-one buying anything?" Papa fudge needs to hear about that!! Would recommend the tour if you love chocolate....

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked the tour through a promo at my work. Our guide for the afternoon was Jenny who was really friendly and knew her chocolate! We visited 7 locations in central Edinburgh, tasting chocolate, brownies and fudge - all really nice! A discount was offered also at each location which we made good use off! Jenny, as I said before was really knowledgeable not only on chocolate but on the city itself! Great day, great tour guide and great chocolate! Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Chocolate Tour of Edinburgh is a quirky and enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours. The tour guide was friendly and gave some interesting information on the history of chocolate and its production today. The venues were different enough to make the event interesting. Most of the venues gave discount on anything you purchased.

My favourite venue was the sweetie shop, Lickety Split. It had many of the sweets from my childhood.

1  Thank Sheenagh A
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was a lovely way to spend an afternoon, visiting some unique shops and sampling yummy treats. Our guide Maria was fun and very informative and made us all welcome. The tour took us to parts of the city that we had not yet explored and we learnt many interesting facts along the way. All the shops en route were welcoming but the standouts were the very entertaining fudge making demonstration and Lickety Splits owner who had lots of great sweet stories for us.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I bought this as a present for a friend and luckily she decided to take me along, we were guided by Maria who was sooooo lovely. She was so knowledgable not only about the chocolate and it's history but about the city itself. Obviously the sampling of the chocolate and sweets were my favourite but my fav store had to be Lickety Splits she was so interesting with loads of random facts. Would recommend this to anyone.