“Just average”

Ranked #18 of 36 Food & Drink in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Both my wife and I were slightly disappointed - don't get me wrong it is not bad, but also not really special. We had vouchers and paid £28 for both of us - it is definitely not worth the full price of £30.
There were about 36! people in total at the Patisserie Valerie in Rose street (the first location) and therefore you could hardly understand the guides. I was also disappointed that we even did not enter the patisserie.Then we were divided into two groups of 18 following a different route. Our guide was Maria and she was really nice, but even 18 people was way too much. We only went to 6 locations (not 7 as advertised) and as mentioned did not enter the first one. The samples from the Patisserie Valerie, Hotel Chocolat and Coco were good, the other ones were ok. In some locations you get a discount if you are on the tour.
Overall, I would recommend just to explore these places on your own and get a better experience. Most shops would be happy to let you try samples anyway. Save the money and buy some really good chocolate with it instead in the shops.

1  Thank 2befree4ever

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Lots of samples and variety, including truffles, brownie's, hot chocolate and fudge. Will definitely revisit these shops which I might otherwise never have visited. Jenny the guide very friendly and knowledgable.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A friend and I went on this tour on Saturday and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Our tour guide Jenny was lovely, very friendly and informative and she told us lots of interesting facts about Edinburgh as well as each of the shops we stopped at. At each place we visited the staff were lovely and we were given plenty of samples, all of which were delicious. I would definitely recommend this to friends.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Jenny took us on our tour yesterday, it was fantastic, she is full of information about chocolate and also interesting facts about Edinburgh. Jenny was excellent and really friendly and helpful. The places visited were really lovely. Even though we ended up in torrential rain by the end of the tour, it was an excellent day ... mostly down to Jenny's lovely manner and attitude to life!! Brilliant fun and lovely chocolate. Thanks!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The chocolate tour was great even though we ended up soaked - the hot chocolate helped a bit though. Jenny was great - gave us chocolates as well as some history of chocolate, and of Edinburgh as well.