“An Absolute Gem”

Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: I'm afraid that due to a Covid Track and Trace Notification we have been forced to close - due to reopen at 4.30pm on Tuesday 20th July
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We had been recommended to try this place and it didn't disappoint. You can't book tables so I would advise getting there early but waiting for a table with a nice drink is hardly a chore. A menu of platters or cheese and meat is my idea of heaven. Me any my girlfriend shared a mixed platter and a bottle of wine; we both have big appetites and there was plenty of food. The platter and a bottle of house red was £33, which was great value. I would recommend Pickles to anyone- the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is lively but intimate. Get there early to avoid disappointment- it's a must visit in Edinburgh!

1  Thank rovers1610
Write a reviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 21 July 2016

love it , love it ! Found it on tripadvisor and thought to give it a go . Brilliant concept of good wines , whiskeys , cheeses ,chutneys and of course PICKLES ! . Great staff and great atmosphere at very reasonable prices

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Great concept, great basement venue, great staff and great snacking menu - why sit in a restaurant eating cold meats, cheese and quaffing wine when you can do it at home you ask? Well go to Pickles and find out.
On wandering around Broughton street we stumbled on Pickles and although we weren't really hungry and just wanted a quiet place for some wine we soon had a share plate of meat and cheese with accompanying pickles in front of us.
There's not much I can say apart from - the perfect place to pop in by yourself or with company to share simple heavenly food.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

I would recommend a visit to this spot. It's a great wine bar and after a long day of sightseeing it was perfect. The cheese and meat platter was excellent and enough for 2 people. The place is cozy and small and does not take reservations. We were able to sit and wait for a table near the door and the staff were very accommodating while myself and my aunt waited for an open spot. Note the restaurant is below street level.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

We decided to visit here based on Tripadvisor recommendations and were not disappointed (though I wouldn’t class it as a restaurant)

Lovely little place and perfect for drinks and cheese/cold meat selections. Great friendly staff who make you very welcome. Very dog friendly.

Will be visit here again when staying in Edinburgh and highly recommend to others.