“Fantastic Nibbles, extensive wine list, reasonably priced”
Review of Pickles

Pickles
Ranked #38 of 2,452 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: I'm afraid that due to a Covid Track and Trace Notification we have been forced to close - due to reopen at 4.30pm on Tuesday 20th July
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We had to wait nearly an hour for a table but once we were seated we both agreed the wait was worth it!
Pickles has a great atmosphere and the menu is simple and reasonably priced.

I was slightly apprehensive about going as dogs are allowed in and I'm petrified of them but all dogs there were so well behaved that you wouldn't even know they were there!
Next time I visit Edinburgh, I'll definitely be back

Date of visit: September 2016
3  Thank jazziebee
Write a reviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

My Fianceé and I stumbled on this place for a glass of wine and were implored by the staff, food, wine and vibe to return the next day before our train. The owner(?) remembered us from the day before and asked us all about the dinner we had had. We sat there for a comfortable 2 hours and ate ALOT of food!

A really enjoyable find!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Very busy when we arrived and had to wait half an hour for a table as they don't take reservations! The staff were nice enough about it and thankfully there was a small seating area outside so we took our wine there and they kept us top of the queue for an available table.

Once inside the atmosphere and decor of Pickles is very welcoming and relaxing. The food was great and they had special offers on a platter and wine combo which made it good value.

Our table of six ordered a mixture of all the platters and three different wines. We enjoyed it all and there was a good selection of meat and cheese to choose from.

While I enjoyed everything if I was to come back it would probably just be for drinks as it would be easy enough for me to replicate this style of food at home for much cheaper and with very little effort.

Not to say that Pickles is a bad place to go, it was really nice and I'm very happy I tried it at least the once!

3  Thank kevm987
Reviewed 30 August 2016

If you enjoy meat, cheese, bread and wine in a relaxing and comfortable setting, then this is the place for you.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We weren't that hungry and so decided to go here for some nibbles. Absolutely loved it! We had one of the cheese platters and one of the pate ones to share between two of us. Really good portion size and lots of bread and crackers. I always think when you order pate there is never enough bread but that is definitely not the case here. This is one of the first places we will go when next in Edinburgh.

Just to note you can't book and it is quite small inside. We went on the fringe bank holiday weekend at about 5, fortunately we were lucky enough to get a seat but a few people were told the wait could be an hour or so.