Just back from a 2 night stay and felt had to write to tell you how excellent it was. The location is great walking distance from Waverley Station, and just over the road from John Lewis, and within easy reach of Princes Street, George Street and all the things you would want to do and see. So yes an ideal situation. The check in was fault free, and our room up on the 5th floor was at the back of the hotel, very very clean, of a decent size, quiet, and warm. The breakfast room was busy, but no probs finding a table (area open on the ground floor too), and always plenty of staff around to restock and clear. We didn't use the bar facility, but saw that many were so take it that it was ok. The Christmas tree in the foyer was amazing, so beautifully decorated and put many in the city, well put all of them in the city to shame! Lots to see and do in Edinburgh, have fallen in love with the city, will definitely visit again and hopefully manage to reserve at the Holiday Inn Express city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland