I stayed in this hotel for four nights in mid-July. We were very pleased with this hotel, and booked it for its close proximity to the train station and based on the good reviews of other travelers on TripAdvisor. The location is very good; it is a quick walk from the train station up Leith Street to the hotel, even with luggage. There were a number of restaurants and pubs right nearby, and the location made it very easy to walk to all the major things to do in the city within 5-10 minutes.
Our room was a standard size, and had a double bed, couch, and desk. The room and bathroom were very clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had a room in the back of the hotel (away from the street noise), facing down towards Leith and the water. The breakfast was included with our room and had cereals, breads and croissants, eggs, juices and coffee/tea and alternated sausages and bacon each day. A basic breakfast, but certainly enough to get you started for the day! There was also free WiFi, which worked well the whole time we were there.
Overall, we had a great stay at this hotel. It was a great value, especially considering the great central location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland