Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$606
US$488
Hotels.com
US$250
Hotels.com
US$196
  • Room Service
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$271
  • Bar/Lounge
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$198
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$222
US$201
Orbitz.com
2,169 results
All reviewsomni centreplayhouse theatregreat locationpicardy placehi expressjohn lewisfree breakfastthe breakfast areahot itemsthe sofa bedcity centreroyal miletram linetesco expressyork placeprinces streetquiet room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We spent 4 nights here in late April early May. The location is perfect for exploring the beautiful city. Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking a busy road area but the traffic noise was minimal. We had a large room with a double bed which was quite soft and a choice of pillows. Hanging space was very small but enough for a short break. There is a desk with a good size flat screen TV with most main channels. The shower room was very clean, almost like new. There was always hot water available and clean towels etc everyday and kettle and cups for making tea or coffee. WiFi Internet was free via Reception.
There is no aircon but there is a fan for cooling and a heater for warming.
Breakfast was busy but we always found a table to sit at. Food choices were good although the hot dishes,scrambled eggs,sausages,baked beans, could have been hotter. As well there were yogurts,fresh fruit,cereals,pastries,toast,jams to choose from so noone could go hungry!
Although the hotel has no restaurant there are so many eating places just outside. We used some of those in the Omni Centre across from the hotel (Slug&Lettuce,Lloyds Bar,La Tasca etc etc) and a lovely Italian restaurant called Mamma Roma just a few steps down from the hotel. There is a bar in the hotel with a television which showed Sky sorts as well as other channels.
The reception staff were very helpful and checking in and out was very easy and fast.
I would definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone visiting Edinburgh who wants a nice, clean place to stay in, in an excellent location.

Room Tip: Room 423 at the front overlooking busy road and view of Calton Hill.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SatisfiedUk
Mgtresponse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear SatisfiedUk

Thank you for your kind review about the hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed Edinburgh as it is lovely City as you have said in your review The Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre is in the heart of the new town all within walking distance of the hotel are a great selection of restaurants.

The breakfast is complimentary and does offer a good choice of continental and hot choice to fuel up to start your day.

Once again thank you for your kind comments.

Catherine

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed here for one night on 02/05/2012. Celebrating wedding anniversary(with the wife). Fantastic location for theatre, Omni Centre and Shopping centre, all within 200 yards. Hotel surrounded by very good eateries.
On a personal preference, what a joy to find a very good hotel that has smoking rooms. Well done holiday inn, there are thousands of us still out there as potential customers.
Room was very good, modern decor, nice welcome pack and a flat screen t.v. with multiple channels.
had breakfast included in the price and an excellent selection of hot and cold items available. Excellent value for money. Will definately use this hotel and the chain again
Booking in was very professionally handled by a very pleasant young lady, which set the tone for the stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Mgtresponse, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Benebyers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express – Edinburgh City Centre.

I am pleased to see that you were happy with your room and its amenities. Although you can no longer smoke within the public areas, we do still have a number of rooms that guests may smoke in.

Once again thank you for your review, I am glad that would choose to stay with us again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Alexander Cameron
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2012

we spent two nights there. it is only 8-10 minutes walk from the train station. Edinburgh castle and prince road are both easy to reach. We booked ahead online so it cost on average 45 per night for a double room, including breakfast. Though we are too lazy to get up in the morning (the bed was comfortable and room was clean) we dragged ourselves up for the breakfast is really nice. Facility in room is good, with a sofa, a table where you can do a bit of work. Greatly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Beinan Z

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, your comments are greatly appreciated. It is nice to recieve your kind comments about breakfast and your room. I know the team in Edinburgh will be delighted about your review.

Catherine

Reviewed 30 April 2012

we stayed here in Feb 2010 and realy enjoyed our stay.
Check in was quick and easy, and we were clearly told about checking out times, breakfast times and other facilities of the hotel.
The room was large and clean and being a Priority Club member, I knew exactly what I was getting, and it didn't disappoint. Spotless room as always.
The hotel faces a very busy street and we were situated in the basement of the hotel facing the front. Considering the volume of people still around at 2am at the weekend, I was more than happy with my nights sleep.
The breakfast was a great start to the day, and very welcoming, with great service.If the breakfast is not to your liking, there is a Wetherspoons pub 100yds from the front of the hotel which does a fried breakfast for 4 pounds, which we did try once during our stay. This was mainly due to our poor timing for breakfast at 9:30am and we felt we needed something more substantial after a night on the wine!
Theres a great pizza shop just around the corner which serves till late!

I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room for a quieter stay if your a light sleeper!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear The_Littlechilds

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre.

I was pleased to read that you were happy with your room and stay at the hotel and that you enjoyed the Continental and hot choice breakfast.

I will pass on your kind comments to the hotel team and do hope that you can stay againt some time in the future.

catherine

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed on several business trips as this hotel is close to the centre of town and the offices I was using.
The staff were very welcoming and helpful, and always did their best to help with any requests I had, even at 2am.
The breakfast is standard HI Express, no complaints there. The breakfast room can get very busy, but I just used the downstairs bar or my room.
Despite staying winter my room was always warm, the bed comfortable and the room kept spotlessly clean.
Being an old building the rooms are different shapes, the stairs/lifts a bit 'tight' to negotiate with lot of luggage.
The fact the I went back tells you I liked my stays!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Hairy_Barber,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express – Edinburgh City Centre.

I am pleased to see that you found your stay enjoyable, I will pass your kind comments onto our team.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you to the hotel on a future occasion.

Alexander Cameron