We stayed in Edinburgh only one night on our way through to Inverness. This hotel is in a great location across the road from a great pub. The service was very good and staff were friendly. The rooms are very nice - modern, clean and comfortable. It was one of those hotels where you would be happy to stay a few days and even have a restful day in if you have been travelling non-stop. Bathroom was spotless with separate toilet and good shower. Beds comfortable, sleep quality was good with no noise. Breakfast was *yet another* buffet which was very nice, and the dining room was more like a front of house cafe which meant we could look out onto the road as we ate instead of the usual big hall dining experience. Only thing was the parking - the hotel has no parking, but there is a parking station across the street about 2 minutes walk and you get a discount if you ask at reception. We parked out the front of the hotel to drop off our luggage - but wish we hadn't as we got a fine in the 5 minutes it took to check in! Apart from that, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitiely stay again when in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland