This is a great location in the city centre. I think it was excellent value for money. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, free wifi and free breakfast. That is all you need for a short break. Although the hotel was packed and breakfast was extremely busy, the staff were working hard to replenish all the food. I would certainly recommend it.
The only problem we had was we paid the first night on rewards and the second night through Expedia and gave them the vouchers when we checked in. After the first night the room key didn't work. My husband went to reception and they said the second night was for a date in August. He said no we checked in last night for two nights and gave the lady the vouchers. They denied that. Luckily he had the reservation on his phone as well and showed them the Expedia reservation which had the reservation number and correct date. They couldn't argue with that and we did get the second night as booked. My advice would be to keep another copy of your booking when you hand them the vouchers. This was not Expedia's fault as we had the copy of the correct booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland