Last minute decision to stay a night during the fringe. Excellent location, really convenient for so many things. Hotel has some parking but it was all taken when we got there. Multi storey close by which is fine. Much better to leave your car outside the city and use public transport if you can. Room was very clean and comfortable, excellent shower. Not very big but absolutely fine just as a base and comfortable place to sleep.
We had a ground floor room facing road and so I was worried it would be noisy at night but it was really well glazed and we didn't hear anything. Excellent nights sleep.
Breakfast included in the price. Buffet style and lots of it but cooked food not particularly good. Very watery scrambled eggs and rubbery sausages. Toast, cereals, croissants, yoghurt and fruit available.
Overall no frills, food below average but convenient, comfortable and clean, staff helpful, would definitely stay again and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland