This Holiday Inn Express is a comfortable base for exploring Edinbourgh, Scotland. Use the website to book and pay in advance (if you can) as the city prices are very high for this modern type of room. I could not find any price breaks online.
The prices are quoted in pounds so they will double when billed on your credit card dollars statement along with additional credit card exchange rate surcharges.
Take a taxi from the Waverly train station because the hotel is hard to find even though it is near the station. Decent breakfast included. We walked 10 minutes to catch the double decker tour buses (hop on/hop off). The 12 pound 24 hour ticket allowed us to explore for 2 days by catching the bus to outlying sites before the ticket expired. The castle takes 3 hours or more. The Scottish "honors" (crown jewels) are located there along with their story. It's a great city. We should have stayed for 4-5 days. The Conan Dowle Pub across the street had great pub food at reasonable prices. Don't order haggis neeps and tatties until you know what it is. The mushroom pepperpot soup was great and so was the steak and ale pie.The pints are a real treat and quite cheap. You will love this city. The people are talkative and humorous so ask for help when needed and let your friendly side have some fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland