OK, it's the Holiday Inn Express brand, so you expect a certain level of comfort and a degree of consistency. What you can hope for, but do not always experience, is the sort of friendly service that makes you feel at home and want to return.
This Edinburgh hotel is certainly comfortable and well-situated and there are several great features - not least the no-questions-asked five day left luggage facility.
We arrived on an early flight, with a 9 am arrival at the hotel, hoping to deposit our bags for the day. Imagine our delight when we were told 'your room is ready for you' and we enjoyed the luxury of being able to unpack and freshen-up before hitting the streets.
What really struck us throughout our short stay was the fact that every member of staff, without exception, had a cheerful smile and a greeting - and they were vigilant, too, to make sure that guests were not kept waiting unnecessarily.
In a world of standardised, corporate 'hospitality', it is so refreshing to find a hotel where everyone is committed to making service just that bit more personal. No more searching the Web for us on our frequent trips to Edinburgh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland