“An experience to remember! ”

Lothian Wine School - Day Classes
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Yesterday I attended the Lothian Wine School as part of a Hen weekend. There were 12 of us in total and though we were feeling a little dubious at first about the whole experience, we quickly forgot all about that. Justin, (the wine expert!) was outstanding. He spoke with knowledge and passion but on a way that us non wine experts could understand! He made it fun and interacted so well with the group. I honestly didn't know I could enjoy learning about wine quite so much! The wines were great as well and we enjoyed a good selection! Thank you Justin for the a great experience.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our family spent the day on the 'introduction to wine tasting' course and I am sure (as I did) many prospective customers will wonder whether a 11am to 4pm event might prove to be a little lengthy.

I can assure you that the course will be enjoyed from start to finish and is suitable for both young and old, for wine lovers and 'occasionals'.

Justin is an excellent host. He ensures the session is interactive and is genuinely interested in how attendees are finding the chosen wines. He is clearly very knowledgeable on all aspects of wine production and shares this in a pleasant, informative and totally non arrogant way.

With an excellent lunch and a very pleasant group of fellow 'students' this was a day that I would highly recommend. It has actually changed the way that I choose, serve and drink wine in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We booked a private Champagne Tasting Event for my friends Hen party, Justin was very approachable in the run up to the event. The event was good fun, informal and great value for money, there was trivia and quizzes too which broke up the session. All of my friends really enjoyed the event.

2  Thank susieblue19
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I bought my husband an introduction to wine tasting course for christmas. The course ran from 11-4 and included a 2 course lunch in the price if £85pp. I would say I found the course very good value for money, Justin was very knowledgeable and pitched the course to be both informative and accessible. There was a real mixture of knowledge in those attending, my husband and I knew nothing about wines and learned so much. The morning we explored 6 different whites then stopped for lunch. The venue hosting the course was the hotel du vin in edinburgh, lunch was amazing with a wide choice of dishes and tasted great. In the afternoon we tasted 6 different red wines, we would most definitely enrol in other courses to learn more about different wine regions etc. I recommend trying the Lothian wine school if you are interested in learning more about wine.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Quite informal and very friendly, not what we were expecting at all. We did one course just to see what it was like and if we'd like it. Well, we did and we've since booked onto another 2 courses and expect to do even more through the course of summer until we've done all 8 in the '8 week course'. We decided to just book ad hoc instead of booking the full course up front so that we can do it as and when we please. Which you can do anyway if you book the course and it saves you a few quid, but we decided just to do it our way :-)

Having been a wine drinker and 'reader' for many years I found some of the content a bit basic but there's still enough content to make it interesting and let's not forget the wine tasting bit - that's more than half the fun and the wines are varied, good, interesting and sometimes surprising.

Justin is a great host and 'teacher' and makes everyone feel relaxed and welcome, and he has a lot of patience as well :-D

Highly recommended night out if you're at all interested in learning more about the wines you drink and the wines you're not sure about.

1  Thank John D