“Can't fault this place!”

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge
Ranked #67 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Me and my girlfriend started our Scottish holiday in this hotel, and we certainly wasn't disappointed. At £55 per night for a double room, which we thought was great value In comparison to other hotels in Edinburgh. The hotel is kept immaculately clean, the staff are polite and was made to feel welcome on arrival, we even got a call once we was in to room to check everything was ok, which is a nice touch. The rooms are a fair size, the toilet / shower area is compact but practical - absolutely fine. I used the shoe shiner machine which is next to the lift, perfect for making your shoes shine before you head out on the evening, I even used it when they didn't need shining! On our first morning we purchased a breakfast for £7.95 each which was a really nice Buffett style breakfast, haggis eggs bacon and plenty more! Before our last night I asked the reception staff if I could get a different pillow, as mine was a little too high... They where more than happy to help and get me a different pillow - I had a blissful nights sleep! Ready to hit the Scottish hills! So overall, great location, friendly staff, lovely and clean, great value for money. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jasim A
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Jasim,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedbacks! I really am delighted to see we have made your stay enjoyable. We hope to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Spent a night here , extremely handocation 2 minutes off the royal mile with plenty of bus and taxi routes outside. Staff were extremely helpful, i couldnt find the ironing room and one member actually took me to it instead of just telling me. Would def return to this hotel. Beds were very comfy and although the room was really warm, nothing an open window didnt sort. Room and hotel were very clean with a good shower.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank cairnsy01
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I'm happy we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge very soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for one night for a birthday celebration. The Scotland v France rugby game was on and rooms in Edinburgh were at a premium. This hotel was full via their website but managed to secure a room via Travelrepublic at £123 b & b. Still a bit expensive considering the usual advertised prices but still reasonable for Edinburgh. Hotel is as other reviews states, new and still has the "new" smell. We were allocated a room on 6th floor with views of Chambers Street and South Bridge, so a busy corner. Room was perfectly functional, comfy bed, clean and big enough for a short stay. There was only one chair, two would have been great but appreciate the lack of space to accommodate another one. The shower room was spotlessly clean although there was a distinctive smell, but I think this was due to the door being closed as once we had left the door ajar while we were out, the smell had disappeared. We slept well as it was really quiet, no banging doors at stupid o'clock. At weekends breakfast is served to 12pm, result! Great to be able to have a lie in particularly when the bars an clubs are open so late. Didn't use the bar at the hotel, but it looks like a very welcoming area. Breakfast was definitely the highlight, loads of freshly cooked food catering for all tastes. Great start to the day. Check out was easy, also made use of the discounted car parking, £10 for 24 hours, well worth it. We are regular visitors to Edinburgh and always on the look out for good value, decent hotels and this is up there with ones we have previously stayed in. We will definitely be back and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very so much for your amazing recommendation of our Ibis! It was our great pleasure to make your recent stay with us excellent. I have taken in consideration your note about a spare chair in your room, and will work on it. I will share your feedback with the team! Thank you again

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights and found the staff courteous and very helpful,the staff on reception, dining room and cleaners were just excellent,the shower and wc were more suited to a mobile home and the room itself was spotless,excellent location for all the sights and transport,highly recommend it!

Room Tip: It's a Gem!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wondeful comment! I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay at our brand new Ibis. We look forward to seeing you back!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I recently spent three days at this hotel and had a very enjoyable stay. The accommodation is comfortable and spotlessly clean, the staff are extremely courteous and helpful. We were located on the ninth floor which was very quiet, no city noise could be heard, so we had undisturbed sleep each night. Food is available 24hrs a day, though the menu is limited at the moment, I suspect due to shortage of catering staff, so fine dining is not presently available. This is offset by the multitude of restaurants available locally. The hotel location is perfect for visits to tourist attractions, most of which can be reached on foot. We would have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments! I am glad to hear you have enjoyed our brand new hotel, which we took pride to launch in the Edinburgh Hotel market a few weeks ago. I would also like to confirm you we have now extended our food selection in our Fogg's restaurant, with a full on special menu. We hope to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed here for one night - a Saturday - and had been slightly worried that it might be noisy, but were not disturbed at all. The staff were very friendly and efficient, and our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was extremely comfy, and the menu, although limited, was quite imaginative..
The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is the bathroom pods offer no soundproofing! Good value for money, and excellent position.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEHSmith
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments! I am glad to hear you have enjoyed our brand new hotel, which we took pride to launch in the Edinburgh Hotel market a few weeks ago. We hope to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Odd to say I found this brand new building very fine and yet we slept so badly for two nights.
The staff and reception (front door is floor 3!) are great, Robert was very welcoming and had to come to our room to explain the air con wall control when we could not cope. The shower/wc is in a Tardis like pod and more cruise ship like than you may be used to.
The room 962 was huge and attractive. Wardrobe space is limited, some cloths hooks would be good(only 5 hangers). Bed side tables are not a lot bigger than the telephone on one of them. There was only one chair between two people which is unacceptable in such a large room.
The bed is to Ibis new standard! Mattress is fine but as all bedding stuffing seems to be synthetic I was too hot all night. The single pillows were too firm and over stuffed for my liking and were the worst factor in my sleep loss. (A third pillow is available in the wardrobe).
Our room was roof top looking out at the corner of Chambers Street/South Bridge, great view.
The windows were locked shut (but have top ventilator strips, which let noise in) and double glazed but no way can they cut the traffic or late night revellers street noise.
Now I am sure that in a hotel of this size, in its 3(?) wings so to speak there will be quiet inward facing rooms, and that is what I would ask for next time.
Price will vary with demand, but at £59 it is good.
The restaurant/bar area (floor 2) is most attractive and a joy to use. The breakfast choice is large and interesting but some items are not of great quality, the scrambled eggs and the machine coffee. It is still recommended if you like a large breakfast, if not there is a coffee shop next door. Coffee machine in reception, and tea/coffee in the room.
Excellent position in town for those without a car.Walk or bus to the station/Princes Street.

Room Tip: Due to street/traffic noise I recommend internal facing rooms.
1  Thank f2s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your first stay with us. Feedbacks are always welcomed in order to assess quality of our service and product. First of all, I am glad to hear my team went out of their way to meet your expectations,and I will pass on your kind words to Rob. I am sorry to hear your nights turned out to be uncomfortable, but corrective measures have already been taken. We do now supply to our customers another range of softer pillows available at reception, which will definitely improve the well-beeing of our guest's sleep. We will also review quality of our breakfast items as it is important to us to keep up with quality. Thank you again for your review!