“Very good hotel!”

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge
Ranked #68 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel early in April for a couple of nights. Excellent modern hotel, very clean, comfy with large rooms. The only downside I would say is the pod style bathroom that Ibis have used. Very small cramped and not the best quality. Overall, a very good hotel, I would definitely recommend others to stay here. It's also in a great location close to the train station and many sites. Shops, cafes and restaurants all very close as well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors on the back of the hotel have a great view and don't overlook the roa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear James M,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedbacks! I am pleased to see you have had an hassle-free visit at our Ibis hotel and we all hope to seeing you back very soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A sad knock-off of Citizen M. Spare, Ikea-type furnishings, & snobbish staff. Where Citizen M in Glasgow was filled with excitement and vibe, this place is just dreary. You have to park 8 blocks away (and the directions to the parking lot were so awful, I was in tears of frustration) and then drag your bags back -- up steep hills, as there is no place to pull into to allow unloading. I was very dissatisfied with this hotel. No joy here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Laurie G,

Thank you for sharing your feedbacks with us, but I was disappointed to read we did not manage to meet your expectations. As a brand new property, we do take every comments to the most serious level as we are always in the mind of improving our services and product. As being located in the heart of the city centre and in the old town, we have the priviledge of using the nearest NCP car park in town and at a reduced rate. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you back again. Many thanks

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I really liked this hotel, one of the best I stayed at on my 20 day trip. The bed was comfortable, you can adjust the temperature yourself, and the bathroom "pod" as I called it was small but sufficient. It's in a good location not far from the Royal Mile and I would recommend it to anyone heading to Edinburgh! The price wasn't bad, I paid more for lesser quality places on my trip so I was happy. Didn't get the breakfast there as I'm never very impressed with them, and I think it was about 8 pounds, but there's a nice little pie shop across the street, a coffee shop and grocery store next door and lots of restaurants in the area to choose from.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your great review Melissa G!

I am glad you have enjoyed your visit with us. We offer a full Scottish Breakfast with an option of Continental at our Fogg's Restaurant for only £7.95 and until 12 noon on weekends! We hope you will have to chance to experience it on your next stay at our hotel. Thank you again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a centrally located and very comfortable Ibis hotel. It was clean, functional, with a very nice and helpful staff. The hotel was within walking distance of the major sites. We did not take breakfast as we find it more reasonable to eat elsewhere. Overall, I would rate this hotel highly and recommend it to others. It was good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review OscarG170! I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us at our very central Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge. Our Breakfast at Fogg's restaurant offers a full Scottish buffet & Continental for only £7.95! We hope you will have a chance to experience it on your visit! Many thanks

Reviewed 22 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed for one night on business at this hotel, which was easy to find from the train station.

The room was basic but functional and met my meagre needs for an overnight business stay. It's obviously very new so there were no signs of wear and tear anywhere. I stayed on the eighth floor on the road-facing side of the hotel, but because of glazing there was no street noise heard at all. It was disappointing not to be able to open the windows but the AC unit kept the room cool.

The room was scrupulously clean and immaculately presented; the cleaning staff deserve praise. The bed was very comfy although I could have done with an extra blanket - I found the duvet a little thin. The only negative with the room was the incredibly loud plumbing from the shower of a nearby room which woke me at 5.30 and as a result I certainly didn't arrive refreshed for my meeting! There was no other other noise to be heard from adjoining rooms though.

Breakfast was plentiful and fresh with pretty much every option and taste catered for and worth the extra money. There are also tea and coffee facilities in the room, but these were a little sparse and only allowed for two drinks.

The staff on reception were welcoming, polite and efficient but this wasn't the case at the breakfast sitting where they were stood about chatting. I didn't realise there was a bar in the hotel as this wasn't pointed out upon arrival.

This was my first time at an ibis and I'd definitely consider using the chain again.

Room Tip: My room with the loud plumbing was 822; avoid.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your great review MillyBillie! I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us at our brand new property. I will definitely get my maintenance team to look at the noise issue in order to prevent any disturbance to happen again. Thank you again, and we hope to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I'm still in shock at how much a room costs at this hotel out of season. But I'm even more annoyed by the audacious £2 charge for storing my bag for a couple of hours. This is the first time that I have ever stayed in a hotel where they make a charge for storing a small back after you check-out. It's the kind of money-grabbing gesture that makes you feel very bad about staying in an already over-priced hotel.

Overall rooms are much as you'd expect for an Ibis - small, well laid out, anonymous, clean. However, I should add that the staff were uniformly charming and helpful. The breakfast was of a reasonable quality with a good choice. But the dining area is far too small. When I stayed it was so busy that the only place to sit and eat breakfast was at the bar. This is unacceptable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin B

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your stay with us Winterreise2013. I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will definitely consider your feedbacks about our luggage policy, as we are always trying to improve our services. And I would also like to confirm you we are extending our restaurant very shortly with more tables and seats in order to accommodate all of our hotel customer for breakfast. Thank you again, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you again.