Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge
US$375
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
2,598 results
All reviewsroyal milegreat locationironing roomcentral locationtrain stationminute walkcomfortable bedshort stayreception stafftourist attractionstop floorfringe festivaldefinitely stay here againreception areahaggisprinces streettea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a reasonably new hotel on the busy South Bridge just off the Royal Mile. I checked in early without any problems and the staff at the desk were very friendly and efficient. The rooms are pretty basic with no great storage space but they're clean and comfortable. There's also a great (and reasonably priced) bar with super staff and an outside decking area. The only downside was a pretty ridiculous and unnecessary £2 charge to store your bag/case for the day on checking out. I've travelled pretty extensively and have never come across this type of charge either in a high-end hotel or a hostel; just left a pretty bad taste in the mouth and can't understand why a large chain like this would chose to adopt such a policy. Having said that, I would stay here again in future and would recommend to anyone visiting Edinburgh.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear rhyd78,

Thank you so much for such a great review! It will certainly help future travellers coming to visit our Scottish capitale. I am sorry to hear our luggage policy did not meet your expectations, but I would like to ensure you we will pass on your feedbacks to our customer relations in order to measure the quality of that specific policy. We hope to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights for the start of the Fringe Festival. What a find! Brilliant location. This Ibis only opened this year so it is very new and fresh. Room was more than adequate for 2 people who are in and out of seeing shows all day and only use it for sleeping. Didn't hear any noise (room 534) so no disturbance that can sometimes occur during Festival time. Booked back in January so price was reasonable. Prices soar in Edinburgh during August. Staff were all very efficient, polite and helpful. Breakfast was self-serve buffet with plenty of choices which were replenished frequently. Will definitely stay here next year which will be our 15th at the Fringe. Hotel I normally stay at couldn't do my dates, so they did me a favour as I saved over £250 by staying at the Ibis compared to the other hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aitchjayes

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review Aitchjayes! My team and I could not be more delighted to hear you have had a hassle-free stay at our brand new Ibis hotel. We hope to seeing you back very soon once again!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

A great location for many fringe venues and Waverley station. Very clean and modern. Possibly one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in in a hotel and the room was quiet, therefore slept very well. Personally I would have preferred drawers rather than shelves to store clothing a minor detail. The Bathroom was compact but adequate, the shower and toiletries good. Well positioned mirrors and power points. All the staff from cleaners to receptionists were friendly, helpful and professional. Check in from 12 a bonus. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SANDRABLUECAT

Thank you very much for your wonderful review SANDRABLUECAT!

This is with great pleasure my team and I are reading through your comments. Our "Sweet Beds" By Ibis have proven to be an international success and is now our brand signature. We hope to seeing you back again very soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great hotel, great location and a great bar. The only negative I could mention is that it was not possible to open the windows in the room. The hotel is very centrally located close to the most, as most people here have mentioned.

Edinburgh hotels are not exactly cheap, but we got an affordable price at this hotel and was pleased with it. The room and the bathroom is not very big, it almost feels like a cabin on a cruise ship, but it is very new and nice.

I tried the Angus beeg burger at the bar, it was really good! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Osl0dude

Thank you very much for your review Osl0dude!

I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us along with a great deal on your room rate Ibis always offers on our own website. I will pass on your kind words to all of my team, and looking forward to seeing you back in the future!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stopped here as it was ideally located for everything really, but not the cheapest as the fringe festival was on and August so expect to pay a bit more than normal. The staff were helpful and polite so no complaint's there. The room was basic but for what time we were there it was ample, the only thing I would say if you are a light sleeper you might struggle. You could here people walking in the corridor, closing door's the usual thing's in this type of hotel. But we slept okay as the bed was fine except for someone next door starting doing repair's of drilling and hammering at six in the morning.....really ???? We also had a breakfast in the hotel one of the day's nothing flash have had better breakfast's else where. We stayed in room 654.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S

Dear Paul_Smith64,

Thank you for your latest review at our brand new property. I am sorry to hear the external noise disturbed your stay, but I would like to confirm to you we have approached the unit next door in order to set up a more appropriate starting time. I am also glad to here both the location and hotel staff met your expectations, and we hope to seeing you back again very soon! Many thanks