“Very Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Very Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Chose this hotel for its location, the staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel very clean as were the rooms. The rooms were warm and inviting, kind of sterile like with that IKEA furniture look but none the less a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear DiabloDeb,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I will pass on your words to my housekeeping team whom I am sure will be delighted to see their hard work is being recognised. We hope to seeing you back again very soon! Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My general impression of Ibis hotels is that they are cheap and badly located. This, however, was very good located and at a very reasonable price. The hotel felt brand new, and offered very good service. Although we arrived in the morning, we got access to our room directly. It was pretty simple, but very comfortable and clean. The bath was a bit odd – a round “pod” in the corner of the room, that felt almost like a caravan or mobile home, but a quite luxurious one. Very nice breakfast buffet, with everything you could ask for. And haggis as well…

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Dear Lars N,

Thank you for your great review! This is with great pleasure my team and I are reading through your comments. Our location definitely is an advantage to our hotel as we are a step away from the main High street Royal Mile. We hope to seeing you back again very soon!
Skipton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while working in the area.
On checking in, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and explained everything very well.
My room was very nice, very clean and simple decor. The bed was great and I had a lovely nights sleep.
Breakfast was very good, there is a very large selection available.
On returning to my room after spending the day at work, I was disappointed to find that the cups in my room had not been replaced, so I only had dirty cups left... This happened a couple of times during my stay, which I found to be very strange as most other things were done to a high service.
I ate in the restaurant one evening, and I wouldn't recommend it... Although the restaurant was quiet, the staff were not attentive, and all the food seemed to take a very long time to arrive. I was also very disappointed by the vegetarian options available, I ordered a mushroom omelette, which came without mushrooms... Anyway, I would suggest that if you are staying thay you venture out for dinner, as there are several nice places nearby which are a lot better than the restaurant attached to the hotel.
On my final night, there seemed to be some very loud guests, who spent half the night running between each others rooms, slamming doors then knocking and shouting to be let into the other rooms... I think that the soundproofing around the doors should be a lot better, there wad very little noise thay could be heard from the other rooms, only from the halls. Which I found very disappointing.
The hotel is in a great location and also offers free WiFi which is always a huge bonus.
Considering the nightly price of this place, there are a few things I would expect to be of a higher standard, e.g. The toilet paper, the coffee and milk provided in the rooms.. Just little things that would make it price being paid seem more reasonable.
I would stay again, but would prefer some of the comments to be considered.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear beize,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. I am glad to read through you have enjoyed our central location, but most of all our "Sweet Beds" by Ibis which have proven to be a successful launch worldwide and definitely are our brand signature. I would also like to confirm you I am taking the necessary actions in regards of your two remarks with housekeeping and also with our restaurant. I am sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you but will review both of the services in order to improve our quality. Thank you again, and we hope to seeing you back very soon.
Commerce Township, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Hotel chosen for location. Short walk to Royal Mile. The room was like being in an IKEA catalog. Very spare and no frills. Small space to hang clothes, no dresser just shelves, bed was two twins pushed together, wood floor and only a plastic chair by the narrow ledge that served as a desk space. Bathroom was a prefab wedge that was small. But it was very clean and that's what counts. No frills extends to the bathroom where you get two bath towels for a double. When I asked housekeeping for two hand towels I ended up with two bath mats! Breakfast was a bit better than other hotel breakfast buffets in Scotland. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: Hotel goes a long way back. Room 536 a long walk from the lobby. Smaller numbers closer to front.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Bookie2020,

Thank you for your latest review! I am glad to hear you have enjoyed our central location, and I would like to ensure you I have passed both of your remark to my housekeeping concerning their good job on cleaning but also the towels mistaken. We hope to seeing you back again very soon!
Valencia, España
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed 4 nights during the fringe festival. The room we were at was lovely and immaculately clean. The staff was always willing to help and with a smile, specially jose, the brazillian guy at the frontdesk. We also enjoyed the breakfast, there was a lot of variety in it.
Almost forgot! The location was perfect and there was free wifi!! ^^

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Crisuu,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I will pass on your kind words to all of my team and especially Jose who will be glad to hear he made your stay even better! Many thanks
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

First impressions: Wow, this is a budget hotel?

This was the 2nd Ibis we'd stayed in on our trip, London City was the other (our first ever Ibis stay), and both were great experiences. This hotel, however, was more impressive aesthetically.

Check-in/staff: We arrived to Edinburgh via train after 9am (from Leuchars) and walked (easy 10 min walk from Waverly), assuming we'd have to stow our luggage until the afternoon/evening. When we arrived, the clerk told us they may have a room ready, which they did! We were in the room by 10am. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Huge plus.

The room: The rooms were easily the nicest budget rooms I've ever seen. 'Wood' floors, large windows, spacious, and the pod bathrooms. The rooms were clean, in fact, the whole hotel was still brand new.

Overall: This hotel was conveniently located in central Edinburgh (Old Town), brand new, modern, clean, and the staff was great. Good wifi connection, and neat bar/restaurant. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ioannis K, Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear MSState_inNC,

Thank you very much for such a wonderul review! I am delighted to see you have enjoyed our central location, but most of all our brand new Ibis rooms and the outstanding service all of my team dedicate themselves to deliver in order to meet our customer needs. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soonat Ibis!