“Amazing location! - The best cooked breakfast Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fraoch House

Fraoch House
Ranked #8 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
“Amazing location! - The best cooked breakfast Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Im a little late writing my review, but its been on my list of things to do for a while and as this B & B was so nice I really wanted to make sure that I let anyone else know thats thinking of a break in Edinburgh to pick this B&B.

The room we stayed in was lovely, patio doors on to the garden. The room was a good size with plenty of storage and bathroom was very nice!

I have to say Gareth is a top bloke not only do they cook the best cooked breafast in the world its served with a smile!

We came to Edinburgh for a small getaway for my wifes birthday, and we picked this B&B for its location, price, and fantastic reviews we where not disapointed!

There is a bus stop going in both directions which takes you to all the main attractions and the bus service is excellent, We just bought a day pass and just hopped on and off all day. We stayed here for 3 nights and had a really nice break. I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a friendly,comfortable, clean place to stay in a very good location!

Keep up the good work, if we were to return to Edinburgh we would not hesitate to stay here again! Many thanks.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Greek first
Blenheim NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Lovely B&B with excellent rooms well provisioned and breakfasts excellent with fresh fruit and cereals and freshly cooked food as requested with good choices. 20-25 mins walk to main area of Edinburgh but bus stop right outside if not feeling so energetic. Number of really nice restaurants on Leith Walk nomore than 10-15 mins walk ranging from pubs to Italian etc. Gareth always obliging and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We travelled up to Edinburgh for a wedding & choose the B&B after reading the reviews & for its location (in between leith & the centre) and we weren't disappointed! The B&B is nicely decorated & clean & the number 11 bus which stops right outside is very handy & an easy way to get into town or Leith. Gareth & Kat are so friendly & helpful & go that extra mile to help. The breakfast was lovely & lots of choice. We would definately stay at Fraoch House again.

• Stayed September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I went on a touring trip through Ireland and the UK, staying in 9 different cities and thus 9 different hotels. Froach House was the best part of the trip. The room was spacious, with huge windows, a terrific bed, a comfortable chaise lounge, and excellent modern bathroom.

The location is up a mile from the town center in Leith, which I found ideal since I like being a bit out of the way, and there's a bus stop right in front of the house. But if you want to be directly in the middle of everything this isn't it.

The breakfasts were delicious and Gareth's service was over the top good; he told me exactly what to see and what to skip in my time in Edinburgh, and how to get there. Edinburgh was the best stop in my journey and I believe Fraoch house is a major part of that.

Room Tip: I had room 1; it faced the street so it was a little loud — the street isn't hugely busy but not...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at Fraoch House for 4 nights and I wish I could stay longer. This was my first B&B experience and I have nothing to compare with, but I was very happy with my stay. I lived in room nr. 7 on the ground floor near the kitchen. Before booking, the owner wrote to me that it could be some noise in this room because of guest coming to and from breakfast – a great gesture to make sure that quests will be happy. I booked this room anyway and was not bothered by anything at all. You could hear people coming/talking, but it is not problematic at all. The room was very nice, comfortable bed and big en-suite bathroom, tea/coffee making facilities. The only negative thing is a very small window facing back yard – it was a little bit dark in the room. Breakfast was really good – plenty of choices for every taste. I woke up every morning into a greit smell of fresh baked bread.
I loved the location of this B&B – it is not in the middle of touristic street, but at the same time quite central. It was easy to find it – I took a walk (20 min) from Princess Street where the bus from the airport stops. The area it very nice, very international (for example many polish shops), many nice cafes around, supermarkets and with very good bus connections to any other area in the city. I would definitely stay at this place again instead of hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bigtraveler2000
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My other half and I spent the Bank Holiday weekend at Fraoch House. Our room was very nice, bed was really comfortable. I'd asked for a birthday cake and this was readily done and at no additional cost which was a real surprise. Gareth is a very friendly and helpful host and the breakfast is fantastic and generous, we did not need to eat again until the evening! The walk into town is about 25 minutes but there are very regular and convenient buses. Overall this is an excellent b and b.

Room Tip: Go for an ensuite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a few days at the Festival which was made even more enjoyable by the stay at Fraoch House. It is hard to add anything new from previous comments.
Gareth is an enthusiastic and hospitable host; breakfast was terrific and room was extremely clean and very comfortable. Getting into the centre was absolutely no problem-about 10 mins by bus. I would certainly recommend staying here

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple