“What a great place for the price”
Review of Fraoch House

Fraoch House
Ranked #9 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The rooms were beautiful and the place smelled like fresh flowers. Breakfast in the morning was really delicious with fresh fruit and pastries and a really great menu. My bed was amazing. You know it's a good bed when you get back home after 2 weeks and are disappointed to fall into your own bed. Gareth was super friendly and so helpful. The location is great. There's a bus stop right nearby but I chose to walk whenever I went to the Royal Mile area. It was a really nice walk. If I ever visit Edinburgh again I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bexxie B

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have visited Edinburgh often. I'm from Hillsborough in Northern Ireland. Previously I stayed in 3 star hotels which I liked (despite their expense!) The welcome I received from my host Gareth made me decide that future stays will be at Fraoch House. My room was well appointed, spotlessly clean and offered great value for money. The breakfast is cooked to order and is of excellent quality. The breakfast volume largely reduces any need for lunch (a money saver!) The house is within easy walking distance of the city's central area. If you wish to take it easy there's a bus stop seconds away from the door – a double Decker service that offers cheap, frequent and efficient public transport. I have no hesitation recommending Fraoch House as a place to stay while exploring beautiful historic friendly Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the house are closest to the road and traffic noise may annoy. It did not anno...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our 3rd visit and once again it was excellent. In Gareth absence on the Friday we were given a warm welcome by Kat and shown to our room, number 9 which is the best in the house, although all are excellent, patio door opens on to garden. Breakfast is great, good variety and caters for all. Bus stop outside to the city, although you can walk it in 15 minutes. Nothing is too much trouble for Gareth and his team, we will be back again soon.

Room Tip: room 9 is worth the few exrea pounds
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just to endorse all the positive comments. We stayed here the last weekend in Feb. We had a twin room on the top floor with sole use of the bathroom opposite, so not en suite but perfectly fine. Accommodation was comfortable and great choice at breakfast. Very friendly owner and staff. As stated, 15 main walk to the centre or the bus stop is right outside. We had, unusually, good weather which made for a great weekend. Highly recommended. Seems obvious but, just to say that being on the top floor would not be suitable for any guests with mobility problems.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My second visit to Edinburgh and this time I brought my daughter. And my second time to Fraoch House. Everytime I go to Edinburgh I shall be going there, Gareth is a fabulous host, he greets you at the door and makes you feel welcome. The room was immaculate and modern, the breakfast is always good, very good variety with fresh bread made daily! My daughter also enjoyed her stay, well done Gareth keep doing what you do and hopefully see you again soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Fraoch House over the Easter weekend. Fraoch is in pretty much the perfect location, a 10-15 minute walk from central Edinburgh. Gareth is an excellent host who greeted us warmly and gave us a quick run through of the things to see and do throughout our stay. Our room was tastefully decorated, very modern and was spotlessly cleaned every time we returned to it. We'll definitely be returning to Fraoch the next time we come back to Edinburgh, we can't recommend it enough and the same goes for the city. Thanks again Gareth!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room on the ground floor which was tastefully converted with a modern bathroom, ver...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Second time myself and my girlfriend have stayed here and the reason for that is its excellent! Gareth is a brilliant host and cooks a great Scottish breakfast and he also cooks anything thats not on the menu...I recommend the bagels! Fraoch house is special to us and we will be back in the summer. The rooms are very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Gareth was very helpful and has a great knowledge of this amazing city. Highly recommend this place. :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple