“Great place with great people!”
Review of Fraoch House

Fraoch House
Ranked #9 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a wonderful time staying here. The owners and staff are delightful. Easy to walk to all the sites. Would stay here again in a heart beat and recommend this place to anyone visiting Edinburgh! Thank you Fraoch house for the lovely time!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed 6 nights at Fraoch House and we can recommend it from the bottom of our hearts to everyone! We stayed in room number 6; the decoration was lovely, room spotlessly clean, beds comfortable and no traffic noise from outside. Breakfast was superb and kept you going til late in the afternoon. Gareth and Kat are both very helpful and kind and make any bookings and reservations you might possibly need in Edinburgh. There are many great restaurants and pubs nearby ( Gareth can recommend ) where you can eat and take a pint or two. Thank you guys for an excellent vacation in Edinburgh ( despite the rain...).

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at Fraoch House for 2 nights, we had the bedroom on the top floor with separate bathroom.
The room was large enough with good beds , it was a shame that it must have been a smokingroom in the past, and because it was raining quite a lot we had to keep the window closed, so each time we came into the room the musty smoke smell was there.
The bathroom was clean and had enough soaps etc.

When we arrived the owner gave us some tea and helped is very well with information about buses and where to go or eat in Edinburgh or Leith.
The breakfast was excellent.

A good place to stay in Edinburgh, we would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I spent four nights at Fraoch House two weeks ago. Everything that is said in the reviews about this guest house is TRUE. We stayed in room number 9 and we found it very good. The breakfast is also very good, the variety is great and the quality excellent. After eating it, I don't think you will need any lunch.
You can walk to the city centre, but if you are tired you can take bus number 11, which stops in front of the B&B. There are also a lot of buses, whose busstops are not far from Fraoch House.
Gareth is fantastic and very helpful. If you have any question, ask him. I'm sure he will help you.
When I return to Edinburgh, I'm sure I'll stay again at Fraoch House.
Maria M., Portugal

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Having seen this B & B on television we knew we had to try it on our first trip to Edinburgh.We were not disappointed.
Although we missed seeing Gareth, Kat looked after us brilliantly.From the moment we arrived until we left she catered for all our requirements.
From advise on local attractions, arranging taxis, interesting chats about anything and of course providing the excellent breakfast which enabled us to get through most of the day.
Fraoch House is well located and a nice walk to the City Centre up Leith Walk. Room 9 was amazing. The decor, superb bathroom and shower and large comfortable bed provided a great nights sleep.
We had a real good time in Edinburgh and 2 days was simply not enough time to see all the sites and great shops.
This accommodation is highly recommended and good value for money.We would not hesitate to stop here again and will certainly return at some point in the future

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have just returned from Edinburgh where I stayed in this great little guest house. I knew before I arrived, as a result of Gareth's helpful and accommodating telephone demeanor, that the service and hospitality was going to be second to none and I was right. As soon as I arrived, he was friendly, funny and eager to accommodate. The room was a little blandly decorated but I gathered it was a relatively newly available room for disabled visitors, as I am. The television didn't work but there was a DVD player with a good selection of DVDs to choose from. Beds were comfortable and I had no problem sleeping. The wardrobe didn't have any coat hangers but that is just nit picking, it didn't matter. The bathroom was faultless and there were even complimentary toiletries supplied.
Breakfast was superb. Lots of choice and all nutritional needs were catered for. I was able to skip lunch because of the sheer volume of food.
The location was great, close to the city centre, train station and all the places of interests. Both Gareth and Kat (who took over the running of the guest house over the weekend) were happy to answer questions about the tourist hotspots in the area and give directions.
I will not stay anywhere else whenever I am in Edinburgh as long as Fraoch House is open. Thanks Gareth, Kat and Andrea. See you soon, I hope.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

After a long flight from the US we were warmly welcomed by Kat and immediately felt right at home. She showed us to our spacious and inviting room and then left us to unwind a little before venturing out. Our room was delightfully decorated and the bed was especially comfortable. The wi-fi in the room was excellent.

We had a rental car and were able to find parking on the street just a few car lengths down from the front of Fraoch. The location is superb, an easy 15-20 minute walk to Edinburgh's central area or there is a bus stop (No. 11 bus) right in front of the house that will take you down to the National Gallery area.

Breakfast is superb, with continental items (yogurt, bakery delights, cereal, juices, etc) as well as cooked to order selections. The breakfast volume is huge and was so filling we actually skipped lunch.

From the moment we arrived until we left, the hospitality we received at Fraoch House was truly remarkable. Kat was absolutely wonderful and couldn’t do enough for us. We missed meeting Gareth (he was on his honeymoon) but look forward to seeing him when we return and we definitely will.

Fraoch House was a wonderful introduction for our first trip to Scotland. It is THE place to stay when visiting Edinburgh.