A great spot a couple of miles outside the city center. This suited us perfectly, as it was very quiet while sleeping, and yet an easy walk (for us, we like walking!) to the city. We stayed for 5 nights, and our room was on the third floor (American). The quaint stairs and decor added to the charm, and we didn't find the two flights of stairs to our room a problem.We had a family room, with three beds, which were comfortable and a large bathroom (by European standards). All very nicely appointed. Breakfast were great, and we even tried some of the haggis and black pudding... Hmmm... my daughter enjoyed, but the parents thought haggis and black pudding best left to the locals! The hosts were very helpful, and were always around to get a cab for us, or to offer advice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland