We arrived much later on the Friday evening for this birthday weekend than planned but this was no problem to the owners who gave us a warm welcome and directed us to a local Italian restaurant for a last minute (and delicious) pizza. Our room was compact but cosy with a good shower and located at the top of the hotel (as we wanted a view). It was a bit of a clamber up two flights of stairs but well worth it with a good view towards Arthur's Seat. The location of the hotel was ideal for us. It was very quiet with reasonable on-street parking but close enough to town to enable us to meander in at leisure whilst sight-seeing on the way. There were good restaurants and bars within 5-10 mins walking distance which allowed us to eat and drink very well locally on both evenings. The breakfasts were good with lots of choice although I was disappointed that I did not get a runny egg with my Eggs Florentine . . . will ask next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland