Overall this is a nice hotel run by very nice people however it was not easy to get a good nights sleep.
The 'double bed' was two singles pushed together and not even connected ! the door to the landing let alot of light in and there was no way to turn the light out in the hall. The dvd player inbuilt in the tv did not work. No bedside lamps only spotlights with dimmer switch which is annoying if one of you wants to stay up and let the other sleep.
no elevator if you have heavy bags
Shower was amazing :) powerful and very hot
Cooked Breakfast very tasty and good for value included in the price of room
Owners very helpful and friendly
room always warm/hot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland