This place is AWESOME! First of all, I've never had as good hotel breakfast anywhere as here. You can choose from a variety of breakfast dishes from the menu and they're all delicious. I can't believe breakfast was included in the price!
The room was tidy and spacious and the view to Arthur's Seat we got from our window was beautiful. Bathroom was also nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The location is good too and it's a very peaceful area after all. It might seem to be a bit far away from the central of Edinburgh but it really isn't. We walked everywhere we went: to Arthur's Seat, to city and to Duddington, botanic garden, to the caste etc., but there's also a bus stop very close to the hotel. And you don't need to go too far to eat or drink, since the Salisbury Arms, which was also a nice place, is very close to the hotel.
I highly recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland