It was my first time to Edinburgh! and I've always been looking forward to it because my Poppa was brought up in Leith and he always talks about Edinburgh and Scotland. I'm in my early teens and my Mum and I are traveling Europe for about 7 weeks - Edinburgh was our third stop on our travel of Europe.
I absolutely adored Hotel Ceilidh-Donia. From the moment we hopped out of the taxi I loved the unique building. Max greeted us at the door and lead us in. When we entered there were two very calm, friendly dogs. We had no problem checking in and next thing we knew Max was following us up two flights of stairs with one of our very heavy (20 something KG) bags on his shoulder. We had room 13 - my favorite number -, two single beds with a view of Arthur's Seat. The bathroom was small but had everything we needed and the same with the room. There was a television with a DVD player, a desk, chest of drawers and wardrobe. What more could you possibly need? And it had free internet.
Breakfast was delicious and felt and tasted very home-made which was lovely after spending nearly two weeks in L.A. and London where home-made food in busy hotels isn't the most available meal in the world. We also had dinner at the hotel twice - both times with dessert. The food was absolutely, positively scrumptious!
We found it a very hospitable place with a friendly, positive atmosphere. I thoroughly recommend it to all planning on a trip to Edinburgh. It has a very good location and is quiet and homely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland