This charming city central bed and breakfast gets my approval instantly by the friendly warm welcome from owner David. Who, for any female tourist is quite the handsome, charming Scottish Prime you wish to be serving your porridge in the morning. My only suggestion would be he wore a kilt too!
He carried my bag to my vast room which had a grand view of Frederick Street. My en-suite bedroom was tastefully decorated and clean, with plenty of hanging storage, a decent hairdryer and available plugs for my hair straighteners and laptop.
53 Frederick Street is in a great location right by the trendy George Street which is host to fabulous shops, bars and top festival venues. I was a late checking in and David suggested a fantastic Thai restaurant - Du Sit, literally round the corner. Which was followed by a very good Cosmo cocktail just a few floors below 53 at Rick’s Bar.
I woke after a very peaceful nights sleep to a beautiful, sunny Edinburgh shining through my top floor windows; I enjoyed my power shower, complimentary toiletries and fluffy towels. Also, the room wasn’t sweltering hot as most places often are!
I opted for the continental which offered a healthy range of cereals, breads and yogurt, although the full Scottish breakfast did look rather good. Being quite the Tea Jenny, was delighted they make a fine morning brew!
All in, 53 Frederick Street is a well managed, charming B&B.
Great service, location and value for money. I will most definitely return and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No. 53 Frederick Street, bed and breakfast in Edinburgh is perfectly situated in the very heart of the city centre, providing a magnificent yet unique spacious central home to explore Edinburgh, separated from Edinburgh Castle only by the Gardens! The Edinburgh B&B accommodation is an original Georgian townhouse situated on the second and third floors, that dates from circa 1820, and many of the original features have been carefully retained. This is an elegant and extremely spacious guest house, typified in a welcoming open hall with feature bow wall and staircase to upper floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your 53 Frederick Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 53 Frederick Street Hotel Edinburgh
- 53 Frederick Street Edinburgh, Scotland